Hey everybody. Some already have seen a screen of a project I made for school in the
"Tech Artist - What are you working on: 2010 Edition!" I am making this thread to get some feedback and suggestions for getting a better script.
Some info about the script/tool :
I will start by posting the screen I already posted.
This script is a new kind of UI for modifiers that is on top of your viewport. It is a liquid design that will always adjust itszelf to the width and height of your viewport.
How to use it?
- Instal the script ... (I don't think I have to explain this, hehe)
- For practice and explaining only, add a teapot and put a Symmetry, shell and turbosmooth on it.
- Keep the object selected
- Press the button of the script
- Press on the addbutton in the right bottomcorner of your active viewport.
- Move/rotate/pan in your viewport the let the UI disappear.
When you now press again on the button to launch the script you will see a new button.
You can modify this by rightklicking on the new button and giving it a name and a color.
- Then press save button
- Again rotate/move/pan in your viewport and the UI will dissapear.
!Now you have created a new custom button. You always have to have selected a object when using the new button.
You can make Max 39 Buttons.
Known bugs :
- When having a too small viewport, the UI will be damn ugly.
- He doesn't want to make a button from some modifiers. 80% of the modifiers works.
Next features :
- The buttons will also be able to save your settings of your modifiers. Like a turbosmooth of 3 and ...
- The posibility to also save subanims, like pivots and ...
About some weeks I am going to release a tutorial about how to create a UI like this.
If you can give me feedback on my way of script scripting. It is always welcome
Greetz and I hope you like it.