Home Contests & Challenges Archives

TF2 - Polypack - Grobi

Ok, after seeing a concept on the boards that was damn close (near identical even) to what I was going to go for, I have went back to the drawing board and developed a new idea!

Theme : Adventure!

This is an Indiana Jones/ Adventure romp theme for the Scout. I've not created any concept art as of yet for this or blocked out any rough models, but I'll get to that a little later. :)

Item 01 : Adventurers hat.

Where would any adventurer be without their trusty hat atop their head!

This model is going to be similar to the instantly recognisable Jone's hat so nothing too radical here. I wanted people to be able to tie the hat to adventure so I thought it would be the best thing to model. A couple of images for what I am going to be going for;

331g1l4.jpg

Item 02 : Revolver Side Arm.

I wanted a vintage kind of pistol to replace the scout's handgun, as I feel something like a revolver has more of a classic adventurer weapon look. I looked for something bulky and characterful to fit within the TF2 universe and found this;

x4hgyr.jpg

It's a British model revolver and I really like the part just under the barrel of the gun. I'll be using this as the main reference in conjunction with the existing scout pistol and other revolver makes to create my model.

Item 02 : The Idolizer.

This is going to be a replacement for the Scout's mellee weapon and will consist of a golden idol that he used to bludgeon people with. The idol itself will be similar to a totem pole, with Aztec and Tikki references making up the model. I think I'll also include rubies or some kind of gems in the eyes of the pole but I think that will have to wait for the modelling to take place.

Some references I will be using while working;

2llord2.jpg

I'll mock up some silhouettes and concepts tomorrow, but tell me what you guys think!

Replies