Home Contests & Challenges Archives

TF2 - Polypack - levi0000

Im gonna try my hand at this. My pack is for the Demoman. So far I only have 1 item thought out and worked on. The other two will come along the way. I got a month so nothing to worry about. My first idea is for a primary weapon.

The Unibomber

theunibomber.jpg
I thought it would be nice to have a Grenade Launcher that can only hold 1 nade at a time but compensates with larger explosions and damage. But specs arent important here.

The other idea I had,I thought would be really nice,but since this is primarily an aesthetics contest,I dont believe I can do it. It was meant to be an alarm clock with a fuse on it that had legs and would waddle along the ground for a few seconds before exploding. Im stilling thinking out my other 2 ideas. Tell me what you guys think.

Replies

• RoronoaDSanji
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i like the look and everything, but 1 nade means one hit kill from close to mid, and then the steam forum will go crazy : another weapon that one hit kill normal hp classes?

maybe make two slot? and leave the gameplay to vlave
  • Khthon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The alarm thing could work as a rolling ball shape with little legs/sea urchin like spikes all over it (then you could just use normal animations/momentum and jiggle bone the legs)

Purple-sea-urchin.jpg

All connected to an alarm clock in the middle.

Remember you need a theme.

Not sure what you're thinking of in that respect.
  • levi0000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i like the look and everything, but 1 nade means one hit kill from close to mid, and then the steam forum will go crazy : another weapon that one hit kill normal hp classes?

maybe make two slot? and leave the gameplay to vlave

Well it wouldnt necessarily be a one hit kill. Maybe on a direct impact with some of the weaker classes. The grenades are also meant to explode on impact. Meaning it loses to ability to shoot around corners as well. Instead of spamming all 4 nades,people would have to actually aim their one shot.
  • DDSN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Khthon wrote: »
    Remember you need a theme.

BIG EXPLOSIONS!
    Oh god please.
  • levi0000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DDSN wrote: »
    BIG EXPLOSIONS!
    Oh god please.
    Actually thats close to my theme. Along with the alarm clock and the unibomber,I have weapons that fire one big explosion. So Im gonna go with that.
  • Khthon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    levi0000 wrote: »
    Actually thats close to my theme. Along with the alarm clock and the unibomber,I have weapons that fire one big explosion. So Im gonna go with that.

Hm, going with the one shot theme, you could make a sticky launcher that shoots all of its stickies (5- 8 ) at the same time randomly around the place you aimed it.

Instant sticky trap/good for blowing groups up, but hard to use otherwise.
  • levi0000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Khthon wrote: »
    Hm, going with the one shot theme, you could make a sticky launcher that shoots all of its stickies (5- 8 ) at the same time randomly around the place you aimed it.

Instant sticky trap/good for blowing groups up, but hard to use otherwise.
    Actually earlier I did consider a Sticky Bomb Launcher that shot all at once,but with stupid aim. I scrapped it because the alarm clock is meant for secondary and I believe we arent allowed to submit 2 of the same category.
  • Khthon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah, that's true. A new sticky launcher would probably have an easier time though. No one else is really working on a good one that I've seen. You could be unique!
  • levi0000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished textures for the Unibomber.
    unibombertextured.jpg
    Its just a placeholder. Cant really do textures very well,so Im looking up how to do it better. Ill have updates of the textures sometime soon. The gun has that TF2 feel,just not the textures.
  • DDSN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks really nice, actually.

How about for a sticky launcher replacement, you make a C4 pack? Here's some stats I cooked up:

+Very high damage and blast radius.
    +If shot, the C4 explodes.
    +When you set off the C4, they go off one at a time. (Meaning you can set off each bomb manually with each altfire click, kinda like the Scottish Resistance, but you don't need to look at it.)

-You can only lay 4 at a time.
    -You need to goto the place to lay it by hand.
    -Dangerous to stickyjump with.
  • Tahrinya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TF2 textures use alot of pastel colouring, so don't be afraid to mellow out your texture :)
  • Karkasmolenklok
    It looks cool, but can I see it in perspective size and shape wise?
  • Khthon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks good, I like the random screw as an improvised sight. The wood would look nice with some simple TF2 style wood grains if there aren't any.