Home General Discussion

Blizzard talks about DRM

ngon master
Offline / Send Message
ZacD ngon master
http://www.videogamer.com/news/blizzard_drm_a_losing_battle.html
"If you start talking about DRM and different technologies to try to manage it, it's really a losing battle for us, because the community is always so much larger, and the number of people out there that want to try to counteract that technology, whether it's because they want to pirate the game or just because it's a curiosity for them, is much larger than our development teams.

"We need our development teams focused on content and cool features, not anti-piracy technology."

Yay, a company that understands it!

Replies

• Disco Stu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    true that their drm is 13 euros a month :D
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    No lan for D3? :( I hope so...
  • Ferg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ferg polycounter lvl 17
    Yeah, we got burned the other day by their no-lan shit when bnet went down for sc2 after a bad patch. Having to rely on external servers to play any form of MP is some seriously lame business. I understand why they're doing it, but having already been burned by it, I can't say I like it any more than ubisoft's server-based DRM, since there isn't really any difference when you're talking about a multiplayer-focused game like SC2 or diablo 3. Yes, I know both these games will have amazing SP as well... but lets be honest here, 99% of the time people spend playing those games will be spent in multiplayer.