Home General Discussion

MINECRAFT

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
fearian greentooth
logo.gif

I saw a thread about minecraft made some time back and I feel like its time for a fresh start!

What the eff is minecraft?
Minecraft is what would happen if Spelunky was made out of lego and used as a basis to create dwarf fortress! If that sounds too confusing, let me break it down like a block o' dirt with diamond shovel:

In minecraft everything in the world is a cube, with terrain looking like it was made with really low resolution voxels. You can remove and pick up any cube and place different cubes anywhere - In short you can build with lego bricks!

I saw this thread last year, some little java thing big whoop

Minecraft has become so much more! What was once just a multiplayer lego where everyone could fly around building neon penises in the sky until griefers came along has evolved beyond your wildest dreams!

4t4zed.png

The big focus now is the Single player sandbox RPG-like, aka INDEV! (because its in dev haha lolol- ok). This basically generates a world for you complete with lakes oceans forests and rolling hills and dumps you in a small wooden shack with nothing. You must utilize a simple but effective crafting system to survive, eventually constructing massive underground labyrinths, ingenious underwater cities and soaring towers. But for the first night you pretty much just survive.

survive?!?

There are things. in the Dark. They want to eat you. When night comes, find some shelter, quick. Very few things in games today scare me as much as the sound of an arrow makes, whizzing overhead or seeing 8 red glowing eyes in the darkness.
In addition to things, crafting, day/night cycles there is farming, sheep, mining and CONSTANT DEVELOPMENT!

Consta-

CONSTANT DEVELOPMENT yes, notch, Minecrafts creator is a fucking maniac, updateing the game left right and center. There is an update pretty much every damn week (or more) and you get the fresherest livest content direct to your web-i-net. At the moment he is working on

INFDEV

Thought the bold bits where questions? oh well, Infdev is what happens when someone says 'notch the maps are pretty big, but can you make a slightly larger size please?' - and Notch reply's with, 'OK, here you go, how does EIGHT TIMES THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH Sound?!' and then starts working on making infifinite world sandbox rpg multiplayer.
6povmf.png

As you may have gathered I love this game. There is so much you can do in it and when Multiplayer indev comes out in two months I can't see myself playing anything else ever.

You can play the free modes at http://minecraft.net/
To get INDEV and all its awesome updates you have to pay about 10 euros. This is especially half price offer while the game is in development - it will cost twice as much ones it goes into beta.

Buying the game while in development comes with a money-back guarantee - if you regret it within a month, notch will refund you. Because he is literally awesome.

Replies