Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Monster in a box

polycounter
Offline / Send Message
Davision3D polycounter
This is a Unity3d iPhone project Im currently finishing with Commander Keen. Artwork and animations are done by me and programming and physics by Commander Keen.
monsterp1.jpg
The Monsterhead is fully physic animated with collisions. You can drag and push everything in the face with your finger. The Monster has animations which work with the physics. Everytime you start the app a different random monster skin is there. The Spider is also physic animated and appears randomly:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDmreIUkbFs[/ame]

I made the Monster in Zbrush and baked AO and slight shadeing in the Textures of the low poly.
monsterp2.jpgmonsterp3.jpg

Getting the physics work that well was a lot of work, we had to tweak it a lot to get it working on the iphone with a good performance. Commander Keen had to make a total different physics setup, because our first version run only with 2 fps on the iphone. The low poly and skin had been tweaked over time to be more optimized for the animation and for the performance on the iphone. I also had to make les bones in the final rig but all important facial features have still there own bone. Getting the animations work along with the physics was also a obstacle and it was tricky to do the animations for it because I could not see in 3ds Max how they will look with the physics and some things would looked lots different in unity then. On the other side i had to animate les because a lot of animation got automaticly animated by the physics.

Here are some more of the skins, i think i have made more then 40 by now :)
monsterp4.jpg

Replies