Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sixties - My level design project.

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
I'll keep adding and editing the first page until I either finish it, get a cool job as a rockstar or give up and cry. ;)
Some have seen the occasional asset in the what are you working on thread and I decided to put it all under one roof.

Everything is still kind of free floating so I've taken a step back from the art and a step forward into the planning. I'ma gonna do it all proper like! (And see how well it goes instead of placing out assets willy-nilly.)

The design / gameplay in general:

It will be a Harvest (Get provisions) / Survival (Hide from third enemy/timer-event) / King of the hill (hold an object) level. There will be a timer running the show probably.

When the game starts it counts down from 10. When the timer reaches 0 the doors open and the team rushes out to get supplies randomly spawned across the map (In the center of a map there will be a king of the hill mechanic. The team owning that area will gain points as long as they hold it. This way they won't have to run around the map and collect the spawned ones although it might be wise to do both).

Every now and then an airhorn sounds off and the teams drop their weapons and have to rush back to their individual building. Those left outside will be killed and for every person killed the other team gains a point.

Repeat.

The gun shops will be host to the best weapons / powerups in the game. So the team has to decide where to run first. Steal the king of the hill-object or get weapons before they go or split their forces.

Potentially it might be that the more gun shoppes the team has, the better weapons they start with at the beginning of a round. Something that will help when they've dropped their weapons after the first "round".
Also , the teams might sacrifice a few people (points to the other team) by making sure that they get a gun shop or hold the KOTH-object a bit extra before the next round.

Of course alot of this will be tested. Two potential layouts. No fluff. Will of course have to add some extra stuff to the maps as i go. At the moment i just want to show off the spawn/king of the hill-mechanic.

SixtiesPlan.jpg

SixtiesPlan2.jpg

The art:

Some taste samples. I will be reusing props for both areas. Just colored differently. I CAN ONLY DO SO MUCH CAPTAIN!!!

Toaster.jpg

Diner_sofa.jpg

diner_stool.jpg

Replies