Old (#1)
I somehow deleted the default textures that are applied to the ivy when its created. I need them to render out a project that is due, and of course, the download link is not responding at the moment, so I can't just re-download them.

So if its possible for anyone to provide me with the two default textures (_ivy_d.tga and _ivy_o.tga), I would greatly appreciate it.

Please go easy on the noob bashing, lol.

Edit: I meant to post this in technical talk. Sorry about that. I've decided to now allow noob bashing. Could an admin please move this?

Last edited by Sean VanGorder; 10-28-2009 at 11:32 AM..
Offline , Captain Recap, 1,863 Posts, Join Date May 2009, Location Foster City, CA Send a message via AIM to Sean VanGorder Send a message via Skype™ to Sean VanGorder  

Old (#2)
i dont think its the best idea to assume everyone knows what you're talking about..... what ivy? what project? wut? Are they in the recycle bin? take them out? find other ivy textures?

:o and i think this is more of a discussion item than pimp of artwork, unless you show us what this is all about
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,612 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Cary, NC Send a message via ICQ to moose Send a message via AIM to moose Send a message via MSN to moose  

Old (#3)
lol- lmgtfy is awesome.
molotov-

Konstruct|3D

SKETCH|BOOK (available for freelance)
Offline , card carrying polycounter, 2,036 Posts, Join Date Nov 2004, Location three oh three.  

Old (#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose View Post
i dont think its the best idea to assume everyone knows what you're talking about..... what ivy? what project? wut? Are they in the recycle bin? take them out? find other ivy textures?

:o and i think this is more of a discussion item than pimp of artwork, unless you show us what this is all about
Yeah, ha, I fixed that in the edit. I meant to post this in tech talk.

I'm talking about the ivy generator by Guruware. Its kind of a long story, and dumb on my part, but I've been working between my home computer and the school computer all week trying to get this scene finished for class. And because gwIVY is a plugin and the school computers reset, I have to redownload it when I work at the school. I first heard of the generator here on PC, so I thought someone may have the default textures layin around.

and lol at the link. haha
Offline , Captain Recap, 1,863 Posts, Join Date May 2009, Location Foster City, CA Send a message via AIM to Sean VanGorder Send a message via Skype™ to Sean VanGorder  

Old (#5)
hmm...seems to me that the images are somehow encoded in the plugin. I had a look for them on my HDD and didn't find them...ran the plugin and opened the Material in the Material Editor and let Max reveal the location in the Explorer (rightclick on the Image File in the Bitmap Map). It seems that that created the image Files in my Images folder...really kinda creepy...anyways...here they are...
Offline , polygon, 513 Posts, Join Date Sep 2009, Location Munich, Germany Send a message via Skype™ to Piflik  

Old (#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piflik View Post
hmm...seems to me that the images are somehow encoded in the plugin. I had a look for them on my HDD and didn't find them...ran the plugin and opened the Material in the Material Editor and let Max reveal the location in the Explorer (rightclick on the Image File in the Bitmap Map). It seems that that created the image Files in my Images folder...really kinda creepy...anyways...here they are...

Thank you so much! Seriously, I really appreciate it.

And yeah, that is kinda creepy, lol.

Old (#7)
Thought id ask about it here, does anyone know where to find gw::ivy plugin file, the main sites download link seems to be down or not responding and any other site doesnt seem to have it, i cant find it anywhere.
Offline , triangle, 312 Posts, Join Date Aug 2009, Location Stockholm Sweden  

Old (#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Thought id ask about it here, does anyone know where to find gw::ivy plugin file, the main sites download link seems to be down or not responding and any other site doesnt seem to have it, i cant find it anywhere.

Yeah, the link on guruware website has been down since the day I posted this thread, I'm not sure what the problem is. I couldn't find it anywhere else either. Once I make it back to my home computer I could try to give you the plug-in file.

Old (#9)
here you go
Will Kowach - Shogun3d
-Lead Environment Artist
- Phosphor Games
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,325 Posts, Join Date Dec 2008, Location Chicago, IL