Hail! polycounters, we have a new job posting at IO interactive
(the creator of Hitman, Mini Ninjas & Kane and Lynch)
We're located in central Copenhagen on the waterfront. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is served monday to friday and the beer flows free on fridays, relocation is required. PM me for questions regarding IO or the position.
SPECIAL FX ARTIST
IO Interactive is looking for a Special FX Artist for one of our exciting AAA projects. You will be part of a small graphics artist team that as a group has the opportunity of making the greatest and most innovative effects for our next AAA game.
As special FX artist you will work closely with level designers, animators and graphic artist making the design for special effects in the game. In collaboration with a producer you will be responsible for your own work including estimation, planning and meeting deadlines.
* Create real-time particle effects in our in-house engine and tools. Areas of work will include: explosions, sparks, fire, blood, weapon, cloth & weather effects.
* Populate game levels and cut-scenes with effects in cooperation with level designers, art director and animators.
* Painting of particle and animated sprites in Photoshop.
* Creation and implementation of real-time physics setups.
* Create, simulate and implement destructible environments both baked and dynamic.
* Provide feedback and designs for further development of in-house FX tools.
* Fluent in 3ds Max and Photoshop.
* Must have technical understanding of games or computer applications.
* Basic understanding of physics and math.
* 2+ years of experience with Games or CG.
* Movie or Games special effects experience.
* A strong passion for games.
* Modeling and texture skills are a plus.
* Experience with shader creation a plus.
If the above description fits your profile, please submit your application, résumé and colour portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
, marking it “Special FX Artist”.
IO Interactive is located in central Copenhagen, Denmark. Relocation to this area is a requirement. If you live in Sweden commuting is possible, the train from Malmö to Copenhagen only takes 36 minutes.