Author : Baj Singh

Old (#1)
Hey guys,

Take a look at this crysis fix. Known as Real Life-sis mod. Not exactly a mod but just some ToD tweaks and updates. My jaw totally dropped when I saw this. The graphics are insane.

I can't find the download links though. Apparently some AO was removed and there is actually an increase in FPS.

Last edited by Acid.; 09-15-2009 at 02:56 AM..
Offline , vertex, 35 Posts, Join Date Jul 2009, Location Australia Send a message via MSN to Acid.  

Old (#2)
http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=44080

draw without greed
Offline , veteran polycounter, 3,993 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location california Send a message via ICQ to killingpeople Send a message via AIM to killingpeople Send a message via MSN to killingpeople Send a message via Yahoo to killingpeople Send a message via Skype™ to killingpeople  

Old (#3)
There was another thread about this a while back...

Wow, pretty amazing what the Crytek engine can do..

I wonder how this year's Unearthly Challenge will play out? How many people will use Sandbox vs. Unreal?.
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,570 Posts, Join Date Feb 2009, Location Hawaii Send a message via Yahoo to Ben Apuna  

Old (#4)
oh my.... overall that just looks amazing everything feels planted (no pun intended) and the 3rd shot from bottom looks nigh on photo real- it's not completely perfect but it does show that we're getting to the point where with the right tools and know how, we can create highly convincing scenes.

May have to scrape a few quid together and get a copy of crysis just to admire the scenery hehe
Chris Allison

Offline , polygon, 538 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Hampshire, UK Send a message via MSN to Chunkey  

Old (#5)
Im hiiighly debating on getting into Sandbox...
Will Kowach - Shogun3d
-Lead Environment Artist
- Phosphor Games
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,316 Posts, Join Date Dec 2008, Location Chicago, IL  

Old (#6)
Yeah me too, not having to deal with lightmap UVs has it's appeal. For those already using Sandbox, how easy is it to make a light setup other than Time of Day and atmospheric perspective fog? Is that all Sandbox is good for? ToD + realtime AO?

Last edited by Ben Apuna; 09-15-2009 at 03:26 AM..
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,570 Posts, Join Date Feb 2009, Location Hawaii Send a message via Yahoo to Ben Apuna  

Old (#7)
those jaggy shadows and that zombie soldier totally gave me a bulge in the nether regions!

on a serious note, yeah its been common knowledge for a while now cryengine2/3 is pretty dope!
/JohnnyRaptor
Portfolio - Available for Freelance
Demon Bat Thread@Polycount
ZBC Sketchbook

Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,592 Posts, Join Date Jul 2008, Location Portsmouth, UK Send a message via Skype™ to JohnnyRaptor  

Old (#8)
Nice. As photo-real as I've seen, yet. Somebody totally compared to photos and tweaked them values - it's all in the darkness of the shadows in the trees/plants and the right hazyness of the BG in those first two shots, methinks. As opposed to the more homogeneous, color-corrected look of the original, and games in general. Reality has a lot of contrast! And black shadows! Wohoo!
Rasmus Deguchi - LinkedIn
www.shapefarm.net
Offline , polycounter, 811 Posts, Join Date Dec 2007, Location Tokyo, Japan  

Old (#9)
Now if they could just make it fun....
Offline , triangle, 461 Posts, Join Date Feb 2008, Location Montreal  

Old (#10)
The exporter plug ins seem pretty buggy, I'm still struggling to get it working with Max 8, right now it's causing max to crash on startup. The crytiff exporter gives a bunch of errors in photoshop as well but I'm told you just ignore the errors.

Sandbox works pretty nicely but it seems like they've redone the UI recently so it makes following tutorials slightly difficult, especially when it comes to the terrain material layer window.
Offline , Moderator++, 7,718 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Austin, TX  

Old (#11)
nice, but when will it run at a playable frame rate? some time around 2020?
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,601 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004,  

Old (#12)
The greatest plant simulator ever.
Offline , card carrying polycounter, 2,483 Posts, Join Date Nov 2008, Location San Diego, CA  

Old (#13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
nice, but when will it run at a playable frame rate? some time around 2020?
runs pretty decent on my average home computer. Sandbox starts up faster and runs a helluvalot smoother than UnrealED. I've had a few crashes but it's been able to do a rescue save right after the crash, granted I haven't done any super complex scenes yet.

here's something I whipped up quick and posted in pimping a few days back: It's a heighmap+texture generated out of World Machine 2 with the base Crysis beach sand texture. There's a few jaggies because I took this shot before I did any real sculpting or texture painting.

Last edited by Justin Meisse; 09-15-2009 at 08:35 AM..
Offline , Moderator++, 7,718 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Austin, TX  

Old (#14)
I've seen realer....somewhere ;P Idk but I've never thot that Crytek's humans where life like. Can't say the same for the environments ! ;D
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,440 Posts, Join Date Jul 2009, Location Scotland  

Old (#15)
Yeah, looks pretty amazing. Going through Crysis for the first time now actually...has this been released yet? I couldnt find a dl link either.
Offline , Banned, 5,298 Posts, Join Date Dec 2008,  

Old (#16)
there was me thinking crysis could get better just by not being really bloody awful
all you guys out there, you're gonna wish you were Al Green
Offline , card carrying polycounter, 2,381 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location york  

Old (#17)
I never really enjoyed crysis. Multiplayer is a watered down boring halo 3 with less features.
Am I the only one thinking Crysis is more like an ornate sort of game only for the looks?
It just seems kind of generic in the way that it plays.
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,440 Posts, Join Date Jul 2009, Location Scotland  

Old (#18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Apuna View Post
Yeah me too, not having to deal with lightmap UVs has it's appeal. For those already using Sandbox, how easy is it to make a light setup other than Time of Day and atmospheric perspective fog? Is that all Sandbox is good for? ToD + realtime AO?
Imo sandbox 2 is really easy and fun to use even if it seems slightly less versatile then UE3. Exporting can be abit of a hassle atleast if you want to do it properly but its not that bad. I havent really gotten into the lighting too much as of yet but you can do alot of cool stuff with the ToD settings and you can ofcourse use point lights and such aswell.

On another note i much prefer this look:
Offline , triangle, 383 Posts, Join Date Oct 2007, Location Falun, Sweden  

Old (#19)
Same here, never liked the gameplay or the characters of Crysis but jesus this is the realest ever! Gonna have to get out my disc and install it for that
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,474 Posts, Join Date Apr 2008, Location United Kingdom Send a message via Yahoo to GCMP  

Old (#20)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCMP View Post
Same here, never liked the gameplay or the characters of Crysis but jesus this is the realest ever! Gonna have to get out my disc and install it for that
Heh heh, well yeah, I agree about the sick graphics! : D
I'm not terribley informed about Crytek but it doesn't seem like their well known... anyone care to share some info? I've not really heared much of them since crysis and crysis warhead. You'd think they'd be the leading game studio.. lol.

Old (#21)
How many people would agree that you would love a game that looked as good as the above screenshots but did away with (sigh) guns and combat.

Give me a spear, and a fishpole and let me go play an ultra relaxation, exploration "cast away" game.

Last edited by swampbug; 09-15-2009 at 09:40 AM..
Offline , polycounter, 762 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location under a rock  

Old (#22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampbug View Post
How many people would agree that you would love a game that looked as good as the above screenshots but did away with (sigh) guns and combat.

Give me a spear, and a fishpole and let me go play an ultra relaxation, exploration "cast away" game.
I like that idea... a lot. Just a reality simulator where you try to live off the land, maybe shoot a dear every hour or two.
Offline , card carrying polycounter, 2,483 Posts, Join Date Nov 2008, Location San Diego, CA  

Old (#23)
oh sweet i never thought i'd see a tropial island setting made in crysis! bout time!
"to tell you the truth other places were way harsher and ones of maximum rudeness."
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,643 Posts, Join Date Jun 2005,  

Old (#24)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfingers View Post
I like that idea... a lot. Just a reality simulator where you try to live off the land, maybe shoot a dear every hour or two.
You have seen Cast Away right?

Robinson Crusoe I think is a bit much to expect.
Offline , veteran polycounter, 4,910 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Seattle, WA Send a message via AIM to oXYnary Send a message via MSN to oXYnary  

Old (#25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaburan View Post
Im hiiighly debating on getting into Sandbox...
I'm in since Crysis War.

Just go and get it , all is here -

http://doc.crymod.com/index.html
Offline , spline, 107 Posts, Join Date Apr 2009,