Old (#51)
illybang - Thanks man!
achilleasian - I was taking a gamble with this guy. In that I wanted to conform to my anatomy reference as much as possible. So far Im actually surprised at how well it's playing out. I'll post some animations soon. There's still room to try new things, even in low poly

Fallout Fanart. For a web comic I'm trying to write off and on.
Don't forget to read THE WIKI

Sketchbook

LoL Warwick
Online , dedicated polycounter, 1,856 Posts, Join Date Oct 2006, Location Oakland, CA. Send a message via Skype™ to TeriyakiStyle  

Old (#52)

1 day... per panel? sigh. Gotta make a faster process... goal is: 1/2 day per page, or 6 panels and still get some kind of quality. I also want to employ 3d somehow... say, 3d for the helmet/guns etc... then over paint them to gain some speed.

Last edited by TeriyakiStyle; 09-27-2011 at 12:38 AM..

Sketchbook

LoL Warwick
Online , dedicated polycounter, 1,856 Posts, Join Date Oct 2006, Location Oakland, CA. Send a message via Skype™ to TeriyakiStyle  

Old (#53)

Trying out some paintovers of the demo head in zbrush. I hope to make an asset set of characters, then pose and paint them... is it faster? not yet...

Sketchbook

LoL Warwick

Old (#54)

968 Tris... not bad I think. I could probably go a little lower.

With the exception of the fingers which need better weighting this is working surprisingly well?! Maybe it's just the mocap animations but Im actually pretty pleased how the legs and butt naturally fold when bent. Kind of neat. This is mixamo btw. An interesting service I'll use very little if at all, but it's great to throw in a t-posed character and check the deformations on!

Last edited by TeriyakiStyle; 09-27-2011 at 11:42 PM..

Sketchbook

LoL Warwick

Old (#55)
Man your stuff is sweet! when you get that webcomic going post a link. can't wait to see more!
Offline , triangle, 272 Posts, Join Date Jul 2010, Location Seattle, Washington  

Old (#56)
gillmeister74 - Thanks man. I am trying to see if it is possible to "speed-paint" fast enough to do this... still not sure. I'm going to write the script out and go for it...

so haha... here's a big sandwich of rendering. Probably take me a year. yaaaaaayyyy.

Last edited by TeriyakiStyle; 09-29-2011 at 05:00 PM..

Sketchbook

LoL Warwick

Old (#57)

Look I like shirtless Man on Mutant action as much as you do, but I need to appeal to a wider audience! (still wip.)

Sketchbook

LoL Warwick

Old (#58)

Panthro break.

Sketchbook

LoL Warwick

Old (#59)
Love your style and dreamers are fantastic! The low poly character also turned out great, it done wonders with the mocap animations.
Sotiri Kannis - 3D Artist

Offline , spline, 163 Posts, Join Date Dec 2008, Location Melbourne, Australia Send a message via MSN to sketch81  

Old (#60)
sketch81 - Thanks! I was surprised by that animation working so well too.

This was supposed to be an easy little 2d concept and here I am modelling it... fuuuudge everything....

Last edited by TeriyakiStyle; 10-07-2011 at 08:06 PM..

Sketchbook

LoL Warwick

Old (#61)

First time messing with a set traditional palette. I thought it would trip me up but it seemed faster... in that I don't have to hunt and tweak colors on the photoshop picker but have my only options right there. Going to try to have this open and a textureized version as well.

Sketchbook

LoL Warwick

Old (#62)

Todays warmup... used painter/cs5 together... it's pretty fun.

Sketchbook

LoL Warwick

Old (#63)

Zed/Photoshop

Sketchbook

LoL Warwick

Old (#64)
nice works
I love the heads with the techno stuff around them
they look very nice
keep up the good work
Offline , line, 74 Posts, Join Date Sep 2011, Location romania  

Old (#65)
altasa! - Thank you sir. I'm pushing hard to get confident in zbrush to make those and print them for an art show.... so yeah... in a few years haha.

Messing around with dynamesh I'm making good ol' Bebop from the TMNT cartoons.

Last edited by TeriyakiStyle; 10-24-2011 at 04:40 PM..

Sketchbook

LoL Warwick

Old (#66)
Sick stuff in here man! Keep at it, and keep inspiring me.
Lucas Annunziata
Environment Artist
Torn Banner
Offline , polygon, 593 Posts, Join Date Jun 2010, Location Toronto, Ontario, Canada  

Old (#67)
Ahh, your paint strokes are so yummyy Keep on posting please!!
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,705 Posts, Join Date Nov 2010,  

Old (#68)
Loving all of it, too much good stuff!!!
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,921 Posts, Join Date Nov 2005, Location Kirkland, WA  

Old (#69)
very cool the last character
Offline , line, 74 Posts, Join Date Sep 2011, Location romania  

Old (#70)

Cross posting this dude, finished product!

thanks for the comments and support yall. Need to do more 2d but I'm jumping into my next project for GDC. Must get job!

Sketchbook

LoL Warwick

Old (#71)

Namaste! Trying to get a good process down for the dreamers... Zbrush is my new god.

Sketchbook

LoL Warwick

Old (#72)

Arm design 01... for dreamers... and more.

Sketchbook

LoL Warwick

Old (#73)
great work TeriyakiStyle...classic Bebop takes me back
Offline , vertex, 37 Posts, Join Date Jun 2010,  

Old (#74)
awesome sketches!! I like that little 3d mini-guy, he's so cute xD
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,705 Posts, Join Date Nov 2010,  

Old (#75)
@sketchzombie - Thanks! Yeah I wish I could fire it up again and do a rocksteady, but I think I'll save it for later.

@Jessica Dinh - Hmm now sure which dude! but thanks!

Did this as an exercise only used zbrush. It was hard!

Sketchbook

LoL Warwick