Old (#1)
Character Name: War horse MAGOG

Character Race / Class: Demon/Abomination

Character Description: The unstoppable beast Magog which the most powerful minions of the demon prince Gog ride upon into battle.

Latest update:

By aopaul at 2009-04-23

Last edited by Zatoichi; 04-23-2009 at 04:38 AM..
Offline , spline, 192 Posts, Join Date Jul 2005, Location Los Angeles, CA. USA  

Old (#2)
Some huge Demon Abominations. As these are from another 'dimension' I wanted a more organic look so looking at deep sea life and insects for inspiration.

Old (#3)
wow nice concepts! I'm going for 5 and 8. really like the tentacles and that spike from the bottom of the belly.
Offline , spline, 192 Posts, Join Date Oct 2008, Location San Send a message via MSN to Diwan  

Old (#4)
Nice work! I like the lobsterpus haha (5)
Trying to be helpful.
Portfolio
DWIV WIP
Offline , spline, 206 Posts, Join Date Feb 2009, Location Vancouver, BC Canada  

Old (#5)
Thanks, guys.

Kamui - Heh, I was trying to stay away from the usual Lovecraftian Elder God look for most of these, but I had to throw one in. Time for sleep and will do some different ones tomorrow.

Old (#6)
You know the face, crest, and arms of #4 seem pretty interesting. I imagine him ripping through time and space and peaking out of a portal.

Try 4's front side on 5's body!
Offline , line, 86 Posts, Join Date Mar 2009, Send a message via AIM to 408 Send a message via Skype™ to 408  

Old (#7)
Woah...
1 and 7 get my vote.
Tipping cows in fields Elysian.

Portfolio: www.jackablade.com
Offline , Counter of Polys™, 6,291 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Melbourne, Australia  

Old (#8)
4 & 8 have my vote
polishing artist, Turn10 Studios
portfolio - linkedin - polycount.wiki - artstation
Offline , Moderator++, 6,306 Posts, Join Date Nov 2004, Location Redmond, WA Send a message via ICQ to Joshua Stubbles  

Old (#9)
#2 is different but I like 4 and 8 better
Offline , spline, 168 Posts, Join Date Jan 2009, Location Arizona  

Old (#10)
those are great, think 1 & 8 are probably my favourites.
Offline , triangle, 389 Posts, Join Date Feb 2006, Location Bellevue, WA  

Old (#11)
Wow I love your concepts, they are so wild! I really like 7 and 1. 8 is really cool too but it reminds me a lot of a shrimp, like I should poke it with a stick instead of run away in fear :3
Offline , null, 23 Posts, Join Date Oct 2008, Location Seattle  

Old (#12)
1 and 7 for me as well emphasis on 1 it looks sorta majestic inspite of its terror visage.

-Woog
"The blacksmith and the artist reflect it in thier art. Forge their creativity closer to the heart YEAH! Its closer to the heart!"

Vageta whats your scouter read about this model?

ITS OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!!!!
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,583 Posts, Join Date Sep 2008, Location Brighton, UK Send a message via Skype™ to woogity  

Old (#13)
1 and 8 for me
Offline , null, 19 Posts, Join Date Mar 2009, Location London, UK  

Old (#14)
1 and 4 with an emphasis on 1. These are killer crustaceans dude! Nice work!
Offline , polycounter, 905 Posts, Join Date Jan 2008, Location Playa Del Rey, CA Send a message via AIM to r4ptur3  

Old (#15)
To my liking, 1 has the majority of the votes (tallied up with votes on deviantart) with 8 a slight second. I will start to develop 1 a bit more, add a bit more 'aquatic' features without losing the epic 'mastadon' feel.

408- funny, it emerging from a portal (with a huge demon army behind it), was the exact image I had when drawing it. Smart minds think alike yadda yadda yadda... ;)

Old (#16)
Good, since 1 is my favourite too. It looks very powerful from that angle.
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,314 Posts, Join Date Dec 2007,  

Old (#17)
4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 44 4 4 4 4 4 4 44444!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
: DW4 Entry :
http://www.gameartisans.org/forums/s...ead.php?t=8660
: Portfolio :
www.subshape.com

previously known as modeling_man
Offline , polygon, 525 Posts, Join Date Apr 2005, Location Maynard, MA  

Old (#18)
Woah, nice concepts! I like 1 and 8 a lot. I haven't seen too many people using tentacles, it's good to see it handled so nicely.
Offline , polycounter, 833 Posts, Join Date Jan 2007, Location Austin, TX  

Old (#19)
IMO 5 and 8 are strongest. The insect-like 8 is very cool.
Offline , null, 15 Posts, Join Date Feb 2009, Location Renton, Wa  

Old (#20)
Nr 1 man, its a wicked design! Regal yet otherworldly and disturbing. I can see it leading the troops alright!

As for the other concepts, they're all great and very imaginative. Really cool to see someone else take the tentacle/weirdness route too
Offline , triangle, 442 Posts, Join Date Nov 2004, Location The hague, Netherlands  

Old (#21)
I Dig 4 too. Probably because it reminds me of a 'brid herc.

I think some combination would be cool though. Like 4's head structure on 7's body with a tail from 5 or something like that.
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,816 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location San Francisco, CA  

Old (#22)
You WOULD think it looks like a Herc, Vailias!

I wanted to get this image of it emerging out of a wormhole out of my head so I can go on designing this guy. I think I was 'channeling' Ken Kelly for this painting.

Last edited by Zatoichi; 03-21-2009 at 05:40 AM..

Old (#23)
ok thats just dripping awesome. It reminds me of an even more wicked and sentient creature that Wayne Douglas Barlow would design. ( had to look him up, I can only ever remember the book: Expedition)

and yes, I have mecha in my genetics.
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,816 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location San Francisco, CA  

Old (#24)
OK, the last one was a bit too 'elephantine' to me. A little adjustment.

Last edited by Zatoichi; 03-21-2009 at 05:44 AM..

Old (#25)
apocalyptic! abandon all hope.
Offline , polycounter, 775 Posts, Join Date May 2008, Location Austin/Baltimoron