Home Contests & Challenges Archives

Blenderhead -vs- Vig

Andreas
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Andreas polycounter lvl 11
DWIV 3d Rules.

http://www.gameartisans.org/contests/dw/4/rules/en.php

And here is my thread on GA (can't be arsed wasting my time updating here, so click here for updates)

http://www.gameartisans.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7596

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heh, nice title blundernuts. Considering I haven't gotten any harassing PM's or lolcats from you in almost a week I thought you'd forgot. Glad to see you're not as spineless as everyone pegged you to be, because I can't wait to tear you apart.

Challenge accepted.

http://boards.polycount.net/showthread.php?p=912471#post912471
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NyneDown polycounter lvl 11
    Both of you better bring your A games...dont leave us spectators in limbo ;)
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vig wrote: »
    I thought you'd forgot.

Forget? I've been sleeping with one eye open for a week in case you found out where I lived and thought you'd show me your entry for kp and jesse's very 'heterosexual' competition...
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Oh dude you are going down.

I love DW time :D
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Who edited the title? Wrong type of humour for this crowd I guess, not enough cocks and cats.

Updates in the second link of the original post.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think he has a pretty decent chance (at losing), if he can get his head around hard surface modeling.

I helped him out about a week ago with some unsolicited crits on his shotgun and based on his bot decision, I think they might have stuck? Hopefully GA can step in where I'm leaving off.
  • killingpeople
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    killingpeople polycounter lvl 18
    Blenderhead, your sig sucks
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think he has a pretty decent chance (at losing), if he can get his head around hard surface modeling.

I helped him out about a week ago with some unsolicited crits on his shotgun and based on his bot decision, I think they might have stuck? Hopefully GA can step in where I'm leaving off.

If you're going to try and talk smack, at least make it, y'know, good. I certainly hope my final piece looks nothing like your version of my work. GA has been great at giving actual helpful feedback. :)
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Who edited the title? Wrong type of humour for this crowd I guess, not enough cocks and cats.

Updates in the second link of the original post.

I changed the title to something more appropriate AND if you are going to be posting on here in a vs comp post your WIPS here.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I posted a link to my thread...more than Vig did! One rule for one person and a different one for another eh? ;)I make the rules in this thread thanks...after all Vig invited me to do so, and also this isn't an official polycount competition. I may post some W.I.P's, but not nearly as many as in my GA thread.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I guess this was more a thread to officially throw down the gauntlet so no one could say it hasn't been brought'en.

If he wasn't such a dumbass, this would have been an actual challenge like you're thinking, and would have been over weeks ago. But noOooo, someone had try and buy himself a stay of execution. But now he's all out of appeals.

Side note: when someone calls you out, you don't pull out your calender and try to set up a date, you get it over and done with, but whatever. Blender people are always a little off.

Here's my progress thread (again) which I posted in my first response:
    http://boards.polycount.net/showthread.php?t=61565

BH I think its fine if you bump this thread every once in a while with just links to your updated progress, just so we know whats going on in your end. No need to maintain double threads. We wouldn't want to burden you with more work and have you claim something was unfair =P
  • morte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blender people are always a little off.

Man, I feel a bit offended..
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea, you should probably get used to it if that's your app of choice. When you're the crazy kid making his own jungle gym out of pipe cleaners, you have to get used to people stopping starring and occasionally pointing and laughing. But more power to the odd people who venture to try something odd.
  • morte
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chill out.
    What I was trying to say is that just because some guy called himself Blenderhead means that doesn't mean that all people using blender are like him. this is some app-racism, lol.
  • adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    adam polycounter lvl 19
    Hey, fellas this thread is over. Continue the personal competition in spirit and forget about this thread, its putting a bad taste in my mouth whenever I venture in to Contests & Challenges.

Vig, cool it - ya?
    Blenderhead, I'm glad you're fighting for GA.
This discussion has been closed.