Author : tsmith3d

Old (#1)
Working on Concept 20 Fredrik [FredH] Hultqvist's Broken Church. I'm still rather unsure how far from the concept I should drift to keep the spirit intact but started blocking out a rough approximation of the original proportions for modification and ran a VERY quick and rough paintover to help me flesh out the direction I'm going to go with it. I'm thinking infant bones on an altar are always a bit evil-esque, dying small vegetation, christ-like figure hanging from his ankles (Ever seen Ninth Gate?) And a much more organic and cathedral features in the detailing.

Offline , line, 73 Posts, Join Date Apr 2007, Location Seattle, WA  

Old (#2)
Still working on my general blockout. Going for some organic structures.

Old (#3)
Looking good...
Hard work beats talent if Talent doesn't work hard.

My Website
Unearthly Challenge/Colossal Squids
Offline , vertex, 31 Posts, Join Date Sep 2008, Location LA Send a message via AIM to felixthepuerto Send a message via MSN to felixthepuerto Send a message via Skype™ to felixthepuerto  

Old (#4)
cool man. Keep pushing! as i said with your schoolhouse, watch the size of them bricks. the wood pillars look nice, could use some more sharp bark lines IMO. alter/altar how ever you spell it, looks a bit blobby hard to tell what it is. what about using a old hollowed out log? like the ones that are like just bark? that could be cool. just a thought.
Environment Artist on ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE
at Zenimax Online Studios
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,372 Posts, Join Date Feb 2007, Location Baltimore, MD, USA  

Old (#5)

<br>

Old (#6)

Old (#7)
Are those goddamn USER VIEWPORT?!?! Damnit, Ian. Anyways, pretty fucking evil. Could tone down the red a bit, keep working on it! Get some more unique wood in there and this could be pretty cool.
Environment Artist on ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE
at Zenimax Online Studios
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,372 Posts, Join Date Feb 2007, Location Baltimore, MD, USA  

Old (#8)
definately perspective shots, Mr. Wright. ;p
as you can see i had definate texture issues at the end there so... yea working to resolve all that and ran out of time to get some more unique textures on other items :/
we'll see, will definately keep working on it.