I'm new to these forums altogether but was guided this way for good, honest (and sometimes brutal) criticism for my 3D modelling. I am relearning 3DS max after a year of post-grad freelance illustration so that I can break into the games industry, and have started by loosely following a tutorial for a male character. By loose, I mean that my model is a female character, but I managed to pick up alot of the tools again.
I wanted to post some images of the model in a nude-'finished' state (no accessories at all) to get some feedback and comments about what I can do to improve or if I am anywhere near ready to begin accessory modeling for this character (armour, clothing, etc.). I have finished the last stage of the tutorial up to the accessories stage.
The goal with this initial work-through is to produce a low-poly model of between 4000 and 4200 tris (the approximate value of a World of Warcraft model), all accessories included. The model as show below has 2470 tris, leaving me about 1600 for the additional parts, wich may or may not be enough.
Looking forward to any comments this community may have on the model.