Re: Baking AO to Vertex Colors in Max?
on 02-05-2008 08:31 AM
Yeah, it's that simple. Or pretty close.
1. Add a Skylight to the scene.
2. Add a VertexPaint modifier to your mesh. In the floater, choose the top-left colored box button (to see your vert colors).
3. In the modifier choose: Lighting Only, Color by Vertex.
4. Click on Radiosity Setup... change that drop down to Radiosity.
5. Back in VertexPaint choose "Radiosity, Render Direct Illum."
6. Back in the Radiosity panel click the Start button.
7. Back in VertexPaint click on Assign.
8. Collapse the stack if you want.