Lead 3D Character Artist
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptionally skilled lead 3D character artist to work on the award-winning World of Warcraft. The ideal candidate has extensive experience modeling, texturing, and illustrating a diverse visual range of characters and creatures, as well as strong familiarity in related tools -- 3DS Max and Photoshop. A solid grasp of form, structure, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets is essential. The lead character artist must also have experience managing a team of 3D artists. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.
Blizzard Entertainment offers a fun, creative, and technically rewarding environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
• 5+ years experience in game development using 3DS Max or equivalent 3D program
• An exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to modeling
• Superior eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating texture maps
• Experience working with an art director in developing a unique and cohesive visual style
• Experience managing, scheduling, critiquing, and administering performance reviews for a team of artists
• A thorough understanding of 3D character art pipelines and the processes involved from the conceptual phase to implementation
• The ability to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
• Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
• A passion for games
• Ability to work full-time in the Irvine area
• Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a lead character artist
• A passion for developing online games
• Understanding of the visual style of World of Warcraft and a passion to push it to the next level
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary history to Kenny Carvalho at firstname.lastname@example.org
with art samples attached or a link to an online portfolio in the body of the email.
Please label subject line: Name - Position - Polycount