Before I start just let me say I'll be testing everything with my multimeter before plugging it in and I won't be alone when I try it out.
I'm building a hot wire foam cutter power supply, it's basicaly a light dimmer switch attached to a 25v DC transformer. Here are the plans
Instead of just cutting the end off of an extension cord and wiring it into the unti, I took the female power plug out of a computer PSU. It appears as if there's some sort of resistor across the prongs on it's backside, what's it there for? Should I remove it?