Old (#1)
I have searched everywhere. I have done various tutorials. Marmosets tutorial, the tutorial with the 3-barrel gun, various UE4 tutorials. I have practiced making all kinds of materials in PBR and actually got some good results here and there.

There is one thing I can't figure out how to do. I can't find anything written about it. There are a few examples where someone is showing of a character that does it well but does not share details how to do it. Perhaps my search terms aren't good enough.

Can anyone please show me how to do hair with the PBR workflow? Possibly with examples that I may touch and reverse engineer?
The best I can do are alpha cards that end up looking like plastic.
Offline , vertex, 25 Posts, Join Date Mar 2010,  

Old (#2)
Hair is covered a bit in this tutorial, both in the video and some in the text summary as well.

http://www.marmoset.co/toolbag/learn/character-setup
Online , Moderator, 10,539 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Iowa City, IA  

Old (#3)
Cheers Earthquake
refraction shift and secondary gloss are new to me, I'll probably be able to google how to do that.

Are you aware of any examples anywhere where I could actually see the maps that need to be made?
(ah wait I see that there is an example scene download. It's just been made inactive here at work, some current scare causes us to block all .zip and .exe links.

Last edited by Xolo; 10-16-2014 at 01:17 AM..

Old (#4)
Yeah, Yuri Alexander's art content is packaged up and linked in that tutorial.

Steven Stalhberg was working on some pretty good hair here as well: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140797

You can find all of the anisotropic settings by switching the reflection model (with the little drop down) to anisotropic. Set the secondary reflection model to anisotropic as well to get refraction shift and secondary gloss.
Online , Moderator, 10,539 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Iowa City, IA  

Old (#5)
Cheers

I'll just try to recreate these two examples. That should get me there.