Old (#1)
I've written a new tool in Python for Autodesk Maya called Nightshade Blockout.
This tool makes creating blockout/selection maps a piece of cake:
http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/sc...shade-blockout

Features:
-Easy to use, no-bullshit user-interface.
-No need to clone your mesh(es) or use "Transfer Maps".
-One-click automagic color assignment.
-Proper non-overlapping shell padding (aka "Fill texture seams").
-Perfect, shadeless and artifact-free end results.
-Works on multiple multiple meshes (e.g. exploded meshes, etc).
-Smart file paths - auto-corrects missing file extensions.
-Works great together with Nightshade Color Splitter (downloadable here: http://martin.dahlin.net/scripts.html )
Nightshade UV Editor (Autodesk Maya): Extends Maya's default UV Texture Editor with additional tools to improve your workflow.
Nightshade Materializer (Autodesk Maya): Smart material manager and toolbox.
Nightshade Blockout (Autodesk Maya): Makes creating blockout/selection maps in Maya fast and smooth - as it always should've been.
Nightshade Kill Switch (Autodesk Maya): Instantly kill the Maya process from inside of Maya.
Offline , spline, 193 Posts, Join Date Sep 2012, Location Stockholm, Sweden  

Old (#2)
Just tried this out and works great! I tried assigning the ddo material colors instead of the swatches in the script and it baked the color map no problem. This is a function from 3ds max that I was missing in maya Thanks!
Looking for work
portfolio: http://sethwolford.com/
Offline , spline, 249 Posts, Join Date Jan 2007, Location Sacramento, Ca. Send a message via AIM to Popeye9 Send a message via MSN to Popeye9  

Old (#3)
Looks awesome man - Was definitely looking for something like this to speed up my workflow. Can't wait to try it after I get home from work. Cheers
Offline , spline, 156 Posts, Join Date Nov 2012, Location Kirkland, WA Send a message via Skype™ to genwu  

Old (#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye9 View Post
Just tried this out and works great! I tried assigning the ddo material colors instead of the swatches in the script and it baked the color map no problem. This is a function from 3ds max that I was missing in maya Thanks!
Glad to hear they are fully compatible!
Nightshade UV Editor (Autodesk Maya): Extends Maya's default UV Texture Editor with additional tools to improve your workflow.
Nightshade Blockout (Autodesk Maya): Makes creating blockout/selection maps in Maya fast and smooth - as it always should've been.
Nightshade Kill Switch (Autodesk Maya): Instantly kill the Maya process from inside of Maya.

Old (#5)
nice! might try it out at work
Offline , veteran polycounter, 4,330 Posts, Join Date Feb 2007, Location UK  

Old (#6)
This is fantastic! The only issue I ran into is that the shelf icon doesn't seem to be included in the download. Or a read-me.

But I tried it, got the hang of it in a minute, and it works like an absolute charm. Love the UV editor, too. You make great tools.
Andrew Leslie - Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
Joopson.com - My Portfolio
Polygeist - My Blog
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,493 Posts, Join Date Dec 2006, Location Los Angeles  

Old (#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joopson View Post
This is fantastic! The only issue I ran into is that the shelf icon doesn't seem to be included in the download. Or a read-me.

But I tried it, got the hang of it in a minute, and it works like an absolute charm. Love the UV editor, too. You make great tools.
Thank you for the kind words.
You are correct that the icon was missing - so I've uploaded a new zip file now on Creative Crash.

Old (#8)
Thank you so much, your Nightshade Blockout tool is Great. I really want to try the Nightshade Color Splitter but the download link have problem .
Offline , null, 2 Posts, Join Date Oct 2014,  

Old (#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream16 View Post
Thank you so much, your Nightshade Blockout tool is Great. I really want to try the Nightshade Color Splitter but the download link have problem .
Thank you for your kind words.
The link should be working as the file is located on my server - but here's a mirror (speedy share):
http://www.speedyshare.com/ztz3q/NS-color-splitter.zip

Installation instructions are in the zip file.