Airtight Games – Seattle/Redmond, WA
We are seeking an experienced, talented Art process Technical Director to lead our production pipeline for a character and performance intensive, 3rd person action/adventure console game. This position is an unusual one in that it spans a number of areas of expertise. It is a position for a person who likes to be involved in many different disciplines, is a pro-active problems solver, and understands the critical nature of a team dynamic.
The responsibilities for this position will vary depending on the strengths and experience of the candidate. We are looking for a well rounded Technical Director who can operate within the production environment as a functional contributor within several areas of expertise.
• Prototype and implement art processes and procedures – these must be clearly thought out and implemented strategies for large scale production
• Create all in-game effects
• Act as a technical liaison between the software engineers and the artists
• Research and create shaders within the UE3 engine
• Assist in the integration of animation into the UE3 engine
• Work closely with the Art Director and Lead Technical Director to research, create and implement art processes and solutions within the game for final production
• Automate as many processes as possible into tools that can be used by the entire art team
• Contribute to managing art production, particularly in regards to externally produced art assets
These are some of the qualifications we will be looking for in a great Art TD.
• Minimum 3 years production experience
• Expert overall understanding of Maya preferable including MEL scripting.
• Skills in two or more of the following areas: effects, lighting, animation, rigging for animation, modeling, shader creation, texture creation, animation scripting and blending, and the UE3 engine.
• Be a strong collaborator with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of project staff
• A strong understanding of the problems and issues around next-gen art assets a strong plus. This would include production for high definition display,
Our company is a good humored, professional environment that is close to the amazing city of Seattle and the outdoor destinations that surround it. More than anything else we want to make great games. We offer competitive salaries, health and dental insurance, and profit sharing based on royalties.
Send resume, reel (with a breakdown of your specific contributions), web site address, and materials to:
Art Director: Airtight Games
16770 NE 79th St.
Redmond, WA 98052
(All materials sent become the property of Airtight Games and will not be returned.)