Location: Menlo Park, CA
Job Code: 31
# of openings: 1
Crystal Dynamics, a leading developer of video games and a subsidiary of Eidos, Inc., is currently seeking an Effects Artist to join our team. We offer extensive benefits packages and a great work environment. If you are looking for a challenging and exciting place to work, apply now.
Effects Artists work with the Art Director, Lead Artist, Designers and concept designs to create the look and production methodology for computer generated FX animations. With excellent artistic skills and professional working knowledge of 2D and 3D art production, they are responsible for designing and creating elements for real time, in-game digital effects, using a proprietary tool.
Must have the ability to conceptualize, present, and execute ideas within a schedule, while actively participating in technical and artistic problem solving.
Successful Effects Artists are able to quickly understand custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real time engine constraints and programming demands.
Though the Effects Artist must work independently to complete a majority of assigned projects, he/she must be able to successfully collaborate with Programmers and Artists to problem-solve and optimize effects to achieve the highest visual quality.
Other Responsibilities Include:
1. Being meticulous and organized in the approach to the tasks, files and storage of the materials.
2. Participating in critiquing your work and the work of others.
3. Maintaining pacing in situations of intense schedules.
4. Contributing to the QA effort on proprietary tools by reporting bugs.
5. Developing the ability to teach and be taught.
6. Maintaining an awareness of industry trends and techniques.
Software: Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, MAYA, MAX
To Apply: http://www.recruitforce.com/NA4/ats/...s=1&rid=31