Irrational Games Boston is looking for a talented 3D artist to work on upcoming industry-leading titles.
The ideal candidate will be able to both concept and build a wide variety of game content. 3d modeling skills (3D MAX), texture creation and drawing skills are required.
The Irrational Art team is looking to push the boundaries of 3D computer game art. Irrational relies on strong art direction, technical innovation and excellence in 3D assets to generate the unique visual styles of our games. At Irrational, we are not limited by job titles -- talented candidates will be able to contribute to potentially a very diverse set of tasks. This is your opportunity to contribute to this process and become part of one of the world’s leading game development studios working on high profile next generation games.
· ability to work within technical constraints to generate top-quality art
· ability to meet deadlines
· ability to adapt art style to that of the overall project
· ability to work and contribute effectively in a team environment
· good communication skills
· traditional art skills – candidates with a fine arts background are strongly preferred
· creative skills: ability to imagine, visualize and conceive objects, characters or other game elements in a way that contributes to the overall visual quality of the product.
As a 3D Artist you are expected to continue to refine your artistic abilities and may be required to learn new software packages and / or in-house tools.
To apply for this position, you will need to submit the following to: email@example.com
- CD/DVD/website (electronic submission strongly encouraged) of original work, which should show examples of some or all of the following:
o Renders of low polygon models (include Max file if possible).
o Renders of high polygon models (include Max file if possible).
o Concept art, drawings or other.
o Animation samples.
Irrational offers generous salary packages based on skills and experience. This position can be filled on a permanent full-time basis or contract basis.
Applicants for this position must be in or willing to relocate to Quincy, MA (10 miles south of Boston)