Ok, I've fixed up the maps a bit more, got a lot of distortion out. I've also put the wings and teeth on a second map, which freed up space and this way only one extra texture is needed for transparencies. I tried to keep the pieces as large as I could without getting too much distortion, and most of the little pieces are spikes of some sort so hopefully there wouldn't be any noticable seams with those.
Here's an SDK for those interested, [SDK updated below].
Somehow 4 polys disappeared today when I was working on the maps. I don't know where they went. I'm guessing I deleted 2 polys, which became 4 when I mirrored it. So if anyone finds them, well where they were anyway, let me know so I can stick them back in.