How does modeling become addictive for you?
on 12-01-2004 12:26 PM
For me, it's Blender's easy extruding and facing combined with the mouse3 button camera movement for easy modeling.
Until 2.35 however, when they added the popup menu for the Extrude key, slows me down a bit unless there's a way to disable that [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
My steps on creating a face, which addicts me to using blender:
- Sel a vert
- Hit E to extrude (In 2.35, this does a popup menu in addition which slows me down now)
- Move the mouse to move the new vertex, and left click
- Rightclick select 3 or 4 verts (if there's none, extrude twice/thrice more)
- Hit F
- If backfaced, hit W and click Flipnormals
- WOAHMG A FACE, now do that 1200 times more
So what makes you addicted to your favored modeling software? Say what and share your little steps [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (this is no "favorite features" thread, by the way)