Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

our game Brigador is out (partial art dump)

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
gauss polycounter lvl 18
happy to say we released our game Brigador into Early Access on steam. here's the launch spot and a few assets--i did all the art in the game, hope you guys give it some love!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPnjH8a-W1U[/ame]

head sculpt for one of the pilot profiles (which are not yet in game)

aai5l76.png
final version with props:
fPT5P7K.png

another one in iphone aspect ratio:
6LaOsN1.png

portraits, for expediency's sake were done only in zbrush with the preview render, post process in photoshop but no other cleanup or manipulation. we're only a 4 man team, so i tried to keep any kind of multi-program pipeline shenanigans to a minimum. on another, bigger team i am sure i would have probably exported to marmoset and done some fancy stuff, but this is working out well for the scope of our project, and the fact that the pilot portraits are mostly for player identification, and dont need to do much else.

example of the vehicle art for the game, this is a corvid party van:
zhYBARC.png
closeup on the driver and gunner:
oHmtl5C.png

another unit:
F1VuDvz.png
and the rendered version:
hhQZ3B4.png

another:
OvK28wJ.png

timelapse:
0qLgXF5.gif

random units:

TvRyLXi.png
070x9yD.png

timelapse for that one:
LzY3R2g.gif

one of my favorite units:
5T00Yop.png

some farm props:
5ApdZUl.png

with help from hawken and others, here is a selection of HK style neon signs i did for the game, because you cant have cyberpunk without cool neon signs. despite being HK style they are in japanese (and a little bit of portugese)

vIpH0LQ.png

and here's the steam store link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/274500/

Replies

• Lt_Commander
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lt_Commander polycounter lvl 10
    Man, that's is some awesome art! I love how well you own the style.
  • fudge.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saw this from the what are you working on thread. this looking awesome guys. I love your art style and concepts. I'm going to play this weekend, you have yourself a new customer!
  • Justo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justo polycounter
    friggin finally guys, been waiting for your game for a long time. It´s alright though, I´d rather have you guys take as much time as possible in order for the end result to be what you guys want. And dang, this is looking way better that what I expected, congratulations!

Also, could you explain your thought process behind making 3D models for this stuff, versus just making pixel art? Seems like a ton more work and masochistic this way.
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    @Justo it looks nice and unique, offers more detail per pixel and nobody is doing it Id say,  Also making vehicles or such things are a pain to draw in 9 or let alone 60° or so.

How did you do the sprites of lets say your favourite car, where the turret on top can turn independently from the car itself ? I suppose you rendered the turret seperately and pasted it on top in the game then? Because your renders always show one piece, made me wondering