Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fightpunch Bust Study

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Dmellott greentooth
Hey everyone, taking a crack at one of Fightpunch's concepts. My goal with this model is to try and fill in the gaps that the concept doesn't show while trying to keep it consistent with the overall design that Fightpunch laid out. Looking to start the low-poly later this week after adding some more secondary details.

If anyone has any thoughts on the current progress please let me know. I'd really like some feedback on if everything feels functional and makes sense at this point. Thanks for taking a look!

Here is the concept I am referencing:

Pao4D9v.jpg

Here are my current WIPs
pRRFLIX.jpg
HQWTjpZ.jpg

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Regarding filling in the gaps, I feel like a couple things were misinterpreted. The half moon discs at the base read more as deltoids of the shoulders than part of the torso of the robot.

Head is looking might fine though.
  • Dmellott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dmellott greentooth
    Hey Panda, good point dude. As it currently is, it looks like they are attached directly to the torso. I'm working on solving the shoulder joint as right now it can't really move them and making that half moon plate look more like the top of the shoulder. Thanks for the feedback man, really appreciate it!
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    good work so far. The head looks a little too long in profile and the torso looks really small compared to the head. Quite a few of the details (Screws, covers, bevels etc) dont really match the concept yet, maybe they are still wip?
  • Dmellott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dmellott greentooth
    @Ged
    The head is definitely too long. I went back and made a lot of proportion adjustments and touched up some of the pieces that were a little too simplified. Also kept the power plug from being held up by black magic.

I'm calling it complete with this piece. I've had the creeping realization that it's really tough to see this piece in a game anywhere. It has been a fun hard surface practice and I've decided to leave it at that in lieu of working on a more game-applicable piece!

Updates

5fwzA8t.jpg

ijIioLs.jpg

ZnieFUN.jpg

y7ZQAWu.jpg

5PpfSFz.jpg

QR3DaI1.jpg