Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Forge Sister - Darksiders 2 Fan Art

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
GravityBwlast interpolator
Hello Polycount !

I have been browsing the forums actively for a few years but only rarely posting work. As I started a character in my free time, I thought it was an occasion to stand out of the passive zone and create a thread to get critique.

I am doing a fan art of the Forge Sister from Darksiders 2, but not the one we know from the Makers Forge in the game, but an early version -that is a LOT different- from the artbook The Art Of Darksiders 2.

Here is the concept:
110d791d07cf0a7f029ffb4589fd45ff.jpg

I have never done a character with that many different parts of armor, hair, and stuff. Some things are still in the fog to me.

Here is my progress so far:
ANSjT1i.jpg

DSzvYs4.jpg

xHmVxEs.jpg

w1BuuWR.jpg

euxgyEa.jpg

0IWsPCb.jpg

I1Us8mE.jpg

I still need to get some remaining blobby areas cleaned on the body and face; but I'm trying to get all the armor, clothes and hair blocked out first, to see the general shape.

I already have questions I hope you can answer:

I don't really know if I should sculpt the armor from zbrush or if I should first create basemeshes on Maya. Hard-surface modeling is my weak skill.
I am also getting interested in the 4R7 new tool that is the zModeler Brush. But I find it really hard to apprehend. Still, I am learning it slowly. Would it be more useful than maya or sculpting for the hard surface parts as they are all round and complex ?

Every criticism appreciated. :)

Thank you for looking at my thread, have a good day !