Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Zenyatta -Overwatch Fanart

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
kmactastic polycounter lvl 8
The original Overwatch art:
concept: Arnold Tsang
model: Renaud Galand

Firstly, I appreciate any critiques or comments :)
I started this model after talking to a friend that wanted a blizzard character to rig. Doing a project with someone or for someone always helps motivate me. I was reading up on Overwatch and really loved this guy. I loved the model and concept, so I hope I can do it justice. I'm finally texturing which is probably the most enjoyable part :D

wip_01.jpg

wip2.png

zenyattawip4.jpg

11894638_884172280040_8576157355751757422_o.jpg

I redid the pattern on the skirt using a displacement map. What I sculpted by hand wasn't really cutting it. I had to do alot of polish to make sure the pattern was more organic looking, and make it not look like a stamp.

11846712_884179031510_2553083632460579801_n.jpg

scilpt.jpg

This is is my bake with some colors on it. I think I want to make the metal look like metal using PBR workflow. I will keep this updated. I really want to get this to Sketchfab!
texwip.jpg

Replies

• Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    great start! but it is too early to bake, the high would need quite a bit more polish.

the metalparts feel lumpy at places and the whole cloth could be simplified and stylized more

personally I think you could model more and sculpt less, especially on the metal parts
  • kmactastic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kmactastic polycounter lvl 8
    Thank you Neox! for the feedback. It is what I need.

I hope you see this. Could you explain simplifying the cloth more? Like get rid of some of the folds? I will revisit the metal especially on the legs. I was trying to make it look worn but it does look lumpy.
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    just check all the overwatch characters, their cloth is much simpler, fewer and more angular folds, yours almost feels natural in comparison