Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

art direction for my Portfolio

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
independ-hans polycounter lvl 13
I have created a Portfolio website. I have removed all Movies Stuff because I want focus apply to the Games Industry locally in germany. http://www.hanshuebener.com/

I know some Browsergame & Mobile companies like Goodgames & Bigpoint there I would like to apply as Trainee or some other Companie near Hamburg & Berlin.

I have seen some portfolios of there stuff on linkedin, but I am not sure if should go for nextgen assets via BPR or do handpainted assets or do simply both?

I have read the awesome 15 STEPS TO LANDING YOUR DREAM ART JOB Article on artstation.com, and listened to the CrunchCast from Chris Holden. And change my complex website to a more simple structured portfolio.

I am not sure what to create for my portfolio. I can only say that my Anatomy skills not good enough for to work as Character Artists. And other say you have a long journey ahead. I thought then I do more in the direction stylized 3D Environment Artist & 3D Props Artist.

I think I need to created 15 Pieces and a good presentation. maybe I can create a demo reel with the assets.

Should I apply as Trainee 3D Artist with one or two styled comic handpainted lowpoly characters?

Replies