Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Starfish235 - From Beginner to Pro.

Hi guys,

Long time lurker.

/Cheese Mode On

Thread title says it all really. I consider myself a beginner at the start of a long journey and i have chosen to take that journey here. My initial goal is to be employed at a game studio as a character artist. My end game goal, i'm not quite sure yet.

/Cheese Mode Off

Any work posed is open to be critiqued as harshly as you like (You won't hurt my feelings!).

This is something i have been noodling away on for the last while. I am unsure who created the concept, If anyone knows please do let me know.

SvNmEtH.jpg?1

This is my attempt at the base body, one of the best sculpts i have done to date. I still don't think it is very good plus it doesn't resemble the concept at all. However I do think that the head, while not being very detailed or matching the reference isn't awful. With some work it may even look okay.

lEZ9fVn.jpg?1

This model is to be my first portfolio piece and any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I was also wondering how you guys know/judge when to move forward with a model to the retopo and texturing stages?

Apologies for the wall of text, Il keep it shorter in future!

Replies