Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Subway Environment Project(Project Metro)

Hello Polycount!:) I am doing another environment to bulk up my portfolio! I feel I needed another one to round it out some more and get some more experience. I figured It would be nice to get some feedback here and keep you guys updated. I have gotten to the point with some of my materials and far enough with my lighting as well as level layout that I know what direction I want to go with it. The whole scene itself is still W.I.P. and I plan on posting updates as frequently as I can to get feedback.

Some of the meshes are still stand ins and not final and texture/material work is still needed for most of them.

Modeling is done with Maya and texture work with Photoshop and Substance Designer. The scene is itself is in Unreal 4.

What is on my TO-DO list currently:
-Finish garbage can and texture it.
-Finish street exit sign and texture it.
-Texture ceiling pipes
-Add debris/Papers and dirt cards to scene
-Make stairs with handrails and texture both
-Make Security door and texture it
-Make ground light fixture
-Make ceiling light fixture
-Continue to tweak lighting
-Create background to station (tracks, tunnels etc.)

**NEWEST UPDATE** More shots down below.

QR37qXo.jpg

Anyways enough talk here is what I have so far:

dZwBQyt.jpg

fcwmS2Q.jpg

dxLHcx3.jpg

mWFuxqY.jpg

Replies

• MisterSande
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MisterSande polycounter lvl 8
    alright, looking pretty good already Matthew. Would love to seem texture blending and/or some tasty decals.
  • Carabiner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carabiner greentooth
    One thing that stood out to me is, there's some fairly obvious tiling going on in the background of the last screenshot (as you go up the stairs). Other than that, I think the materials are looking really great, especially the tiles on the wall. Have you gotten a human figure in there for scale yet?
  • MNBerry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Carabiner - Thanks! The stairs are just the unreal primitive stairs for now so they look a bit messy. As for the human figure I actually have not yet, I really need to though!

MisterSande - Thank you. I have some pretty cool ideas for some graffiti and such in some areas. Definitely want to make this look used up. I also have some damage blending on the walls but they are kinda hard to see, gonna have to go back and make them a little more defined.
  • MNBerry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well after a break then coming back to it and reworking it a bit I have returned with some more progress! I have changed the layout of the scene a bit as well as some materials and I think I finally have a direction I want to go with this. Per previous critique I added a human model in for scale and realized that most of my scene was all wrong and had to re-scale a bunch of props (Whoops!) Mistake to learn from I guess! Anyway here are some shots from the new scene. As always please feel free to leave feedback and criticism. :)

QR37qXo.jpg

zfCTjy1.jpg

hTm6keE.jpg

Ev13WHf.jpg

5Uh3LRy.jpg

DuTO6Ac.jpg