lichking.png

upload photos

Replies

• DavidCruz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DavidCruz interpolator
    I'll just say something about diablo:
    Do you think yours looks like This? (not the original, well well)

If i had to say I would say yours is a lot bulkier than the linked one.
    Here is the rest of him and the links ect,ect.
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?170805-Diablo-(Realtime)

You in luck though because your still in the Zbrush stage and can alter your current design at the lowest subdivision to match this one and can then again continue the edits till it looks almost exactly like that one.

Your choice, also what is your aim? Game Ready Meshes? or cinematic, etcetera?
  • tahakitan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tahakitan polycounter lvl 9
    yea, it looks more like the old school diablo in diablo I. I think in each diablo he got skinnier and skinnier. i think the sculpt is good but could be better. everything is way to uniform and symetrical. a demon is chaotic and distorted. think chaos when sculpting it. turn off the x symmetry and go back through your sculpt to push it to the next level.
  • RaptorCWS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RaptorCWS polycounter lvl 11
    On the Lich king your proportions are off. arms seem a bit short ad thin to me and the legs seem really thin.

Here is a reference.

wrath_of_the_lich_king_by_bcagent10-d3a4jan.jpg
  • Dante_mL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dante_mL polycounter lvl 6
    I trust the Diablo was based on the concept art for D3.
    Arthas himself is also quite bulky, the armor just pushes out the legs and chest even further. Definite lack of body thickness what first comes to mind. That or the shoulderpads and the chestplate are too big for him.

0385d9ed1dddaf2e9003021caa48bf1f.jpg
  • OFPismySOP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OFPismySOP polycounter lvl 6
    What's up with the scratch marks on the armor for the Lich King? They're all very uniform and whole groups of them follow one direction. It's like you got a brush tool to make that mark and ran with it. Adding more variation will make the model seem more real.

His sword is too small as well. I'd make it half again as big.

Depending on how you plan on using this model I would really work on his hair too. It doesn't read as organic.

The render you made too is oddly lit. If you're going off of the pictures that Blizzard has put out of him then I would try to emulate those. As it stands now it just looks like you put a blue spotlight on him and called it a day.

All that aside, the demon is fantastic. Retopologizing looks like it'd be a nightmare but if you could pull it off well that high poly work you have there would bake really nice onto a low poly model.
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eleszar1 polycounter lvl 11
    DavidCruz wrote: »
    I'll just say something about diablo:
    Do you think yours looks like This? (not the original, well well)

If i had to say I would say yours is a lot bulkier than the linked one.
    Here is the rest of him and the links ect,ect.
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?170805-Diablo-(Realtime)

You in luck though because your still in the Zbrush stage and can alter your current design at the lowest subdivision to match this one and can then again continue the edits till it looks almost exactly like that one.

Your choice, also what is your aim? Game Ready Meshes? or cinematic, etcetera?
    i didnt aim for the original concept
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i will try to do all the changes and changes based on the critiques, should i change the pose? if yes what do you suggest?

thank you all for your feedback btw
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    update i fixed the hands and i have added a different render and materials
    lich.jpg
    how to capture screen
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    guys i have added this bleach filter in photoshop from my perspective it looks better with the filter, does any1 know how to add the same filter in zbrush? in the Render filters? i cant find something similar plz help ^^
    lich.png
    image hosting over 5mb
  • RaptorCWS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RaptorCWS polycounter lvl 11
    Eleszar1 wrote: »
    update i fixed the hands and i have added a different render and materials
    lich.jpg
    how to capture screen

Its not just the pose on Arthas. Your proportions are off.
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    can you define the proportions? because i dont see any porpotions off
  • tahakitan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you should really be showing a t-pose or A-pose so that we can draw over. the biggest thing that bothers me though is that the arms seem a bit short or maybe it is the sense of depth I don't notice due to the angle. the shoulder pieces are huge while the chest piece is small. in the concept it is the opposite and helps balance the character more. i just feel like there is a upper body skinny guy with huge armor on. make the chest bigger to make him more muscular like in the concept. reduce the shoulder armor, nobody has shoulders that go over there heads. lengthen the arms... speciffically the forearm. probably do something about the side of the hip area also where the belt is located.

Overall you have something good,. you just need to fix some things to bring it up to the next level. don't focus on the background and blurring it right now. I don't even think you need a background setting for character portfolios
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    by the way i am not after the original model, but more Wowish armor type
  • tahakitan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I figured, but those proportions is what makes the original concept better than yours right now. when people think of strong they visualize certain proportions / anatomy features which you are missing.
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    can you define the proportions? because i dont see any porpotions off

you'r wrong i fixed the hands if u see from previews images now the hands are in the right scale, they are a bit forward and openwide,
    also about the shoulders i fixed the shoulders i believe the shoulders are fine and the style is based on this
    warrior_tier_1_2_2_5_4_5_sets.jpg
    free image hosting
  • tahakitan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well its my critic. You dont have to listen to it if you dont want to.
  • Stinkfoot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinkfoot polycounter lvl 11
    Also, Frostmourne is a big part of the Arthas character, as you can see on all the Blizzard art, he's waving it in your face like he's selling it, "look at the sword, loook at iiiiit!"

It's an important part of his silhouette but in the last few shots it's viewd from almost a front angle making the sword feel thin and lack presence, try to pose him so the sword gets big screentime, the runes on it also allow to create some neat lighting/colour in the picture to draw attention.
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinkfoot wrote: »
    Also, Frostmourne is a big part of the Arthas character, as you can see on all the Blizzard art, he's waving it in your face like he's selling it, "look at the sword, loook at iiiiit!"

It's an important part of his silhouette but in the last few shots it's viewd from almost a front angle making the sword feel thin and lack presence, try to pose him so the sword gets big screentime, the runes on it also allow to create some neat lighting/colour in the picture to draw attention.

that will not be a problem because its going to be a turnplate
  • OFPismySOP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OFPismySOP polycounter lvl 6
    you'r wrong i fixed the hands if u see from previews images now the hands are in the right scale, they are a bit forward and openwide,
    also about the shoulders i fixed the shoulders i believe the shoulders are fine and the style is based on this
    warrior_tier_1_2_2_5_4_5_sets.jpg
    free image hosting

Honestly it doesn't seem like a good idea to mix and match styles, especially when you're making a piece of fan art for a portfolio piece.

Arthas looks like he's being swallowed by his pauldrons, which matches the very low poly style of the the other models but you have such huge detail on the rest of him which matches the picture of him from earlier in the thread. Frostmourne needs to be bigger as well. Everything proportion wise just looks odd.

Honestly, I would redo the model and settle on a consistent style from the get-go instead of mashing together competing styles. It sounds like you're coming up with excuses for your model and not finding solutions.
  • Shyralon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shyralon polycounter lvl 11
    If you are trying to do the wow style, take a look at the ingame model of arthas.

I would say the main problem with your model are the shoulders and the chest.
    Arthas gets his strong and intimidatibg appearance from the bulky shapes, mass of his armor and his straight, soldier like pose.
    The chest on your charactet makes him look weak and skinny and he looks like he could never carry the weight of his shoulder armor.
    The model itself looks not bad, fix the proportions and i think this will be really nice :DLich-King-Papercraft.jpg
  • ChaosWWW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ChaosWWW polycounter lvl 6
    Your model looks great but I think you should work on your presentation. It's actually hard to to see what exactly is going on. I think you need to blur the background or put it at a significantly different color/luminosity range than the character. Also the contrast on the character's lighting might be too high, a lot of stuff gets lost in shadow. Like I said, your model looks great so I'd try to show it off in as clear a way as possible, because the presentation right now is not.

EDIT: One thing that might be making this hard to read might actually be in the design. Although Blizzard's version has a lot of high frequency detail, one smooth area that gives the eyes a place to rest is the chest plate. In yours you added detail there as well, and the eyes can't really rest anywhere in your images. Might be something you want to think about.
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the lich king ingame model is a lot diferent from the human male models in wow, from my prespective the lich king's ingame model is ugly and fat, i was aiming for the human model
    Shyralon wrote: »
    If you are trying to do the wow style, take a look at the ingame model of arthas.

I would say the main problem with your model are the shoulders and the chest.
    Arthas gets his strong and intimidatibg appearance from the bulky shapes, mass of his armor and his straight, soldier like pose.
    The chest on your charactet makes him look weak and skinny and he looks like he could never carry the weight of his shoulder armor.
    The model itself looks not bad, fix the proportions and i think this will be really nice :DLich-King-Papercraft.jpg
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    naah i dont find excuses i was aiming for the human male model in the first place i wanted the pauldrons to be big, i wanted something diferent
    OFPismySOP wrote: »
    Honestly it doesn't seem like a good idea to mix and match styles, especially when you're making a piece of fan art for a portfolio piece.

Arthas looks like he's being swallowed by his pauldrons, which matches the very low poly style of the the other models but you have such huge detail on the rest of him which matches the picture of him from earlier in the thread. Frostmourne needs to be bigger as well. Everything proportion wise just looks odd.

Honestly, I would redo the model and settle on a consistent style from the get-go instead of mashing together competing styles. It sounds like you're coming up with excuses for your model and not finding solutions.
  • Eleszar1
  • Eleszar1
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    any suggestion for a pose?