Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WARRIOR 5026

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
apllana polycounter lvl 8
Calling this done! 2x4096x4096 PBR textures and 38k tris.

Marmoset Viewer: https://www.artstation.com/embed/3665899

Highpoly rendered in KeyShot 5
T5J7dvZpng
l26MM3jpng

Replies

• jhoythottle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jhoythottle polycounter lvl 7
    Loving that fabric detail. I think all of your folds look pretty great except around the crotch area. The one fold seems to stretch across the divide a little weird. Maybe rework that area.

Also, her pose. Her legs look really bowed and unnatural. Is she supposed to be balancing on something? I get that she can't see where she's going, but even if she's off balance her legs wouldn't curve out that much. Her left ankle looks like it's ready to break, it's so curved in.

Other than that, looks good. Keep going!
  • Nekhro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nekhro polycounter lvl 5
    The chainmail looks off with the direction. Its straight on top and under her bust does diagonal.
    Other then that looks cool
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    It looks great except for the hip area. Your hips are way low and she looks bow legged. The legs look proportionally like she is a midget or something because of the fact that she has heels and they are so short. I am assuming this isn't intended, so I would really work on that area, because I feel its throwing the whole thing off when otherwise its looking very solid.
  • apllana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nekhro: Well spotted. I was kind of hoping it wasn't very noticeable. Thank you!

jhoythottle & BradMyers82: I think most of the issues you have mentioned stem from the pose, which is by no means final, as I explained in the original post. The curvature of the legs is slightly exaggerated by the pose, but otherwise intentional. She is supposed to be slightly bowlegged. The length of the legs is something I've been unsure of many times and it might be due to the fact that the hipbone is rotated from leaning on the right leg. They are all valid concerns however and will be adjusted in the lowpoly. Thank you!
  • dirigible
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dirigible polycounter lvl 8
    Very nice, interesting workflow with MD.
    If you don't mind sharing, how much of this was made in MD and how much was hand modeled/sculpted?
  • apllana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Absolutely. Apart from softening and pushing in some folds to fit under the armor and straps, very little folding info was sculpted by hand. Most of the materials used for this character are quite thick and bending resistant and do not require manually sculpting any memory folds. The short fur used on the jacket and shield back, however, needed a ton of medium level noise in order to look like that.
  • apllana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been caught up in freelance work but it's time to finish this character! Here's the baked lowpoly, 38k tris, a little less than I originally planned.

• apllana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a good chunk of the texturing done. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    <old renders>
  • Jakub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jakub interpolator
    Everything looks really solid, great job on texturing. 

I have to agree with @BradMyers82 tho , I have a feeling like her legs are about to break, especially the right one.
  • apllana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated the first post with the final renders for this char! Also published it on ArtStation.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    This doesn't feel done.  The textures feel flat, and the idea still vague and unclear.