Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

The.Pet.Store

“The Pet Store”
Introduction Hi, here I am creating my project titled “The Pet Store”, which is game based off of motor skills, and providing a kooky environmental twist. This game has been well plotted out, and filled with rhythm of my debt to this industry. This game will be a 3D Mobile, Gyroscope movement game. The game will give the player the opportunity to maneuver throughout the game level as they play. There will only be one playable level, with multiple goals and challenges to overcome.
Goals
1. Faster modeling
2. Rendering properly
3. Impressive Screenshots
4. Lighting
5. Coloring
Planning
1. Completing my poly count
2. Collect references and create Thumbnails
3. Block out the Level
4. Model out the pieces through Maya
5. Layout the UVS
6. Create Textures
7. Export/Import Props into Unity/Maya
8. Set up lighting
9. Test Render out scene
10. Render/Revaluate scene
11. Finalize
In this process, I will be sure of checking off my T’s and Q’s. Looking over my work, by making sure the scene looks its best, and filling in the empty spaces. Using my brilliant ideas and pass experiences using the two programs (Unity and Maya), I have faith in tackling this awesome assignment.
Setting After a long night of great memories, socializing, loud music and great treats, brings forth a new day with responsibilities to maintain. You walk through two swinging doors, there's a horrible reeking smell and everyone is calling your name. You know something has gone wrong, yet you just arrive. “Here we are again, back at the Pet store”.
Key words: Fantasy, Mythical, Present, Motor, Glow, Pets, Customers
Assets Models:
1. Display Shelves
2. Counters
3. Fish Tanks
4. Small Animal Tanks
5. Gates
6. Doors
7. Sink
8. Bird room
Smaller Props:
1. Refrigerator
2. Damaged Armed Chair
3. Cash Register
4. Computer
Antiques
1. Light Fixtures
2. Buckets
3. Signs
4. Bags of food and Cans
5. Scattered paper
The following items will multiply throughout the scene, and will continue to expand. Textures:
1. Marbled/cement counter top
2. Wooden counter base
3. Sign(pet)
4. Scratched sofa material
5. Wooden door
6. Fish tanks (fish background)
Tillable/Modular:
1. Store Floor
2. Wall
3. Glass Window
Color

The colors in the scene should provide a cluttered feel, as it is a pet store. In different areas of the store you will find tint green in the reptile sect, tint blue in the fish room, a warmer tint of light orange towards the front of the store, and a dark cold purple in the back room.
Reference

At the entrance of the store has a warm and inviting approach, once entering the store there isn’t much of an inviting smell (barrier). Store should have an almost clutter approach, yet walkable space throughout. The backroom should be stacked high to the ceiling (exaggerated). In the fish room, gives you more of a tranquil aqua feel, with the reflections of the water. Beginnings I want the scene to provide a scenes of urgency and for the player, but not knowing exactly what to do. The register should be the main point to the scene before leading on to the next task. This game will have a fun twist.

Replies