Home Contests & Challenges Archives Allegorithmic's 'the THRONE ROOM'

THRONE ROOM – S.S. Voo – Ramrod

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
chrisundrum polycounter lvl 9
***updates*** -02-09-2015
Lunch update!

4RLJeFP.jpg

i was able to work on the horn just a little bit, and basic sculpt to the bull skull

Hello Polycount,

We are Team Ramrod. PTimm and I will be creating a Voodoo themed environment. A Voodoo Queen has made the remnants of a haunted, partially sunken steamboat her lair. Her throne rests in the midst of swamp foliage and wreckage.

Here is PTimm's preliminary sketch that got the ball rolling yesterday.

1XuOOTS.jpg

He then sent this to me and I did a quick paintover of some thoughts I had with it.

GxpalBg.jpg

Our next step is actually put the throne inside the portion of the ship that's tearing apart, so that it's actually considered a throne "room."

Also I wanted to note that our sketches and concept is zoomed pretty far out to where the actual screenshots will be, but its always good to get everything that could be in the shot, and get in closer.

We would really appreciate any suggestions or feedback that you might have. And we hope to have some more sweet sauce later.

93ad9bdb31c763f5410340b0f9c2b51e.jpg

Extra sauce (Reference images)
http://www.pinterest.com/cphillipdavis/polycount-voodoo/

-Thanks,
Team Ramrod

Replies

• chrisundrum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well. decided not to go to sleep, and sketch out an idea for one of the many masks.

CVUcRxe.jpg

Im thinking they could all be different sizes and then accented with a voodoo symbol of some sort. Even though the one in the sketch is just random.
  • Aerashi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aerashi polycounter lvl 9
    Love this idea! Immediate imagery that comes to mind is a mixture of Steampunk and WoW trolls in New Orleans :D No feedback yet, just a request for more!

Beware... of de voodoo!
  • Lawrence Preston
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lawrence Preston polycounter lvl 5
    Just thought I'd let you know that the throne doesn't have to be inside or in a room. There are many that are not. I'm guessing that your idea would be fine as it is. Especially when it's such a great idea. I know someone even brought up the question in the Q&As. Love the concepts, cheers
  • chrisundrum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick update:

@Aerashi: Thanks man! :) Sorry it's been a while since we could give you more, hopefully this project ramps up a lot quicker than it has!

@Lawrence Preston: Thanks I appreciate you answering that for us. Really helps us to not figure out something new! :)

update on the close up concept for the actual throne:

ycoxfI0.jpg

And this morning I blocked in some of the shapes for the throne.

ZvzVcnv.jpg

Hopefully I work on this some more today!
  • chrisundrum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lunch update!

4RLJeFP.jpg

i was able to work on the horn just a little bit, and basic sculpt to the bull skull