Space rogue dude

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
mazz423 polycounter lvl 9
CURRENT UPDATE

5bkdEPc.jpg

rrUglcd.jpg

Sup PC!
Been working on this guy on and off for quite a while, finally got to make some progress over the last 3 weeks or so.

Figured I'd share the progress, any feedback is much appreciated, I've been staring at it for so long now I'm not sure what's good and what isn't anymore :P

BqYFTT1.jpg

ppYdtuv.jpg

Cheers!

PS - Ignore his terrifyingly starey eyes and shiny bald head, he'll have hair (eventually...)

Replies

• Lloth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That suit looks amazing. I like the skin as well. The things that stand out to me at the moment are his eyes and the hair on his face. The eyes look a bit too big. His beard doesn't look like hair yet (although I assume that it's work in progress)
    Looking forward to see him with the promised hairdo :)
  • mazz423
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lloth Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, eye's definitely look a bit weird right now, scale wise they should be about right, once I've dropped the eyelids a little I'm hoping the 'starey'-ness of them will diminish.
    Yeah, hair's pretty early, mostly just focused on plane placement, didn't get much chance to give too much love to the textures. That should change this weekend :)
  • LDXerpe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks great especially teh skin texture. I was wondering, what did you use to retopologyse your mesh ? Its a beatiful wire.
  • mazz423
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LDXerpe All by hand in topogun, I retopologized it at a lower res on a rough sculpt, then sculpted further on it further. A couple tweaks were done in maya afterward, but not many.

EhS0pJR.jpg

EDIT
    Update on the hair, still needs more work. I definitely need to try and soften the transition on the goatee.

hYVS5pV.jpg
  • mazz423
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got started on the hair today, I never want to UV hair planes ever again D:

wTbS8DZ.jpg

Still a ton to do before it's passable, but it's a start at least. Any feedback greatly appreciated!
  • Dmellott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dmellott greentooth
    Hello Mazz! Really digging this project man! Looking really good so far!

I do want to make one critique though! Let's say this guy has to scratch that dome of his, he's gonna smack himself in the head with those shoulder pads! I think those shapes are quite large and if he has to move his arms above his shoulder he is gonna clip himself.

Maybe take another look at the shoulder pads? I feel like his range of motion would be a bit limited with the ways those are sitting currently.

Overall man I think the skin texture looks great, really diggin' his hair style and the aesthetic of his armor and gear! Great stuff man, gonna keep my eye on this one :)
  • mazz423
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dmellott Cheers for the feedback! As far as the shoulder pads go, I'm not too keen on changing them unless they prove to be an issue when it comes around to posing him. But I'll give scaling them down some though if that proves to be the case, cheers again!

Anyway, some progress, worked on the hair a lot and changed a few things with the suit. Feel free to share any feedback, thanks!

ltWeM6l.jpg

FLXmnxG.jpg

hair only:

G1RysHR.jpg
  • Lloth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good job on the hair man. Don't forget his eyebrows :D
  • mazz423
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lloth Cheers! Eyebrows are definitely next
  • mazz423
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Made some changes to the suit, wasn't really that keen on the other colour palette to be honest.

5bkdEPc.jpg

rrUglcd.jpg