Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Martian Colony [UE4]

JLizzle
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
JLizzle polycounter lvl 9
Wanted to learn more about UE4 and physically based workflows. So I've been doing this piece based on Destiny's Mars. Still a good bit to do, but I wanted to go ahead and post something early to see if I could get some feedback.
Right now I'm mostly concerned with composition and color. After that;

-tree texture
-2x landscape textures / paint landscape
-destroyed background buildings / textures
-set dressing (lil' rocks & shrubies)

Definitely need to do something in the foreground, but not sure what.

dO9LCJj.jpg?1

Replies

• JLizzle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JLizzle polycounter lvl 9
    Picked back up on this scene. Still plenty of work to do on it. However any comments or critiques are still welcome.
    UvAYTBp.jpg

Not 100% sure what's happening on the background buildings lightmap. Maybe it's too small?

gPf3Y0u.jpg

Rawks

ohRrZEq.jpg

foliage for the red flower is just 2 planes crossed. Any ideas about how to make it look puffier and more like a dandelion without adding a bunch more polys would be greatly appreciated.

Still need to finish buildings/ building texture. Add some smaller details to buildings. And polish landscape and landscape materials.
  • Tetranome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tetranome polycounter lvl 6
    This is looking great. Your cliffs are awesome. As for the flowers, I don't have a direct solution, but maybe look into 2d camera facing cards/sprites?
  • AtticusMars
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AtticusMars greentooth
    Just use more geometry or use textured planes. Don't use cross sections unless you're going to fix the vertex normals