Home Technical Talk

Hotkey Management

Hello everybody, I would like to share with you a hotkey managing application I've designed.

LiteKeys is a hotkey manager for Windows operating systems designed to assign hotkeys for multiple keyboards connected to the computer.

The original purpose of the LiteKeys is to improve ergonomics while working with graphics tablet. It allows you to connect an additional keyboard, which you can place at a comfortable spot, and use its keys as shortcuts.

r2H5u_5rM6HS2CDzLAbY8fkBwQQrJ6Gh8HH2NNUob3wAkcgbLsK_25XBPgAGH8TjZR9EeTvouw=w1886-h9410B-vOZAqiqK5xa2RZeWFRdG1OZEE

However the LiteKeys can enhance your workflow even when you are not using the tablet. You can use the extra keyboard to assign hotkeys for tasks that you perform repeatedly. You can see the various actions that you can assign to keys with the LiteKeys below in the Features list.

Features
  • Allows multiple keyboards to be recognized and used to trigger the hotkeys
  • Hotkeys can be defined for specific applications
  • Various actions can be assigned to the individual hotkeys (listed with examples how it can be used)
    • Simulate keystrokes (you can have a single key act as any keys combination to activate a keyboard shortcut)
    • Paste predefined text (can be used to reproduce the email signature, code blocks, etc.)
    • Paste text copied on the fly (this virtually allows you to have multiple clipboard slots for text)
    • Execute file (you can start some application, or run a script)
  • Setting through graphical user interface (no scripting or coding of any kind is needed)
  • Completely free, open source, without any advertising

If you would like to try it out, you can download it here: http://litekeys.codeplex.com

I would greatly appreciate any feedback you can provide, especially if it improved your workflow / conditions somehow. And if you like the solution, I would like to ask you to send me a log (there is an option to turn on the logging and please turn on also the secure logging for this purpose) of you working on your graphic projects with the LiteKeys. I would use the log to analyse how the program is being used and how effective it is. You can send me the log and any comments to LiteKeysDev@gmail.com.

Replies