Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest] - Succubus Katarina

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Kroute polycounter lvl 3
Hi everyone!
I am sooooo damn late for this but I'll try to make something cool anyway!
I wanted to create a new skin for Katarina, one of my favorite champions in the game, and after trying a few different things, I decided to go for a new twist on her sexy and deadly style: Succubus Katarina!

UPDATE - Final Entry :
kataFinishpost.jpg

Here's my work so far, still in progress :

kata00.jpg

kata01.jpg

kata02.jpg

Replies

• Li Siegfried
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I must say she looks very awesome! :D
    But I expected more sexiness, especially because the concept is "succubus" :P
    Nice work!
  • Kroute
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kroute polycounter lvl 3
    Li Siegfried > Thanks man! You're right, I wanted to do something sexier too, maybe there are just too many armored parts, the outfit isn't light enough for a succubus.. I'll try to make it look better on the final illustration!

A small update for now, I am SO late ><

kataComp.jpg

kataCompColors.jpg

I think I might go for the first colored one, I prefer this pose and composition.
    Hopefully the next time I post something it'll be the final version.. Lots to do before I get there D:
  • Kroute
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kroute polycounter lvl 3
    A little update!
    There's still a lot to do on this one, I might not finish in time x_x

kataClean1.jpg

kataClean2.jpg
  • Tambergal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What you have done looks great! I'm also worried I may not finish in time either >.>
  • Kroute
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kroute polycounter lvl 3
    And here's the Final!
    kataFinishpost.jpg
    I wanted to spend like one more day on it, but.. meh, next time I just won't start 3 days before the deadline I guess x)
  • Chrome_Disaster
    Hello there, I made this account specialy for your post, first of all this skin have great potention , the liquid blood hair is awesome .... but you have to work a bit on it ... first the armor is a little bit to ... showing to much of her body , ok who dosen't like a nice body but still there are alot of kids playing this game so i saw that you have many ideas about the armor , I will post below an image about how I think this skin will be great ( sorry for my bad english ) . Also remove the tail, Succubus is a great theme but Riot will never accept it , you have to fit this skin in LOL lore , so how about if you remove the tail and call this skin Bloodstone Katarina ?

I saw alot of cool skins idea on this forum and sadly some are really awesome and they might win , you dont have time left to make this one right, dont take me wrong i would buy 3.000 RP for this skin but we have to be realistic, remember Void Fizz came to reality in 1 year after some guy from DA made a post with a picture on LOL Forums. So work a bit on it and soon this skin can became reality , a ultimate skin ( 1.8000 RP ) for Katarina like this ... would be a dream.
    Again you done a ... more than awesome job .

9gKc4wC.jpg
  • Paburo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the blood hair idea, good luck!
  • Kroute
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kroute polycounter lvl 3
    Thank you guys!
    Chrome_Disaster > Actually I agree with what you pointed out (hence the more armored versions on the early concepts) but to be honest I really wanted her to look like a succubus so I had to show more of her body, add a tail and stuff.. I didn't put wings though because she would have looked like Morgana or Shyv' even :p
    But yea, it might be too "sexy" for riot xD
    Anyways, thanks for taking the time for that man!
  • zzMedVeDzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    zzMedVeDzz polycounter lvl 7
  • camie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    camie polycounter lvl 7
    I really liked your piece! However, one thing that bothered me is how she is staring into nothing in the finalised picture which she isn't in the sketches. Otherwise, good job!
  • Acaim
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome work :3 do You have any other accounds on dA for example? I'd love to see your other arwork ;3
  • Li Siegfried
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    THIS!! I'm speechless... Incredible :D
  • Kroute
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kroute polycounter lvl 3
    zzMedVeDzz > Thanks :)

camie > Thank you! And yea, that's weird because in the hi-res version she's definitely looking at us, I should've checked the low-res before submitting it here xD

Acaim > Thanks! Yea you can follow me on fb : https://www.facebook.com/artofkuru or on deviantArt : http://kurunya.deviantart.com/

Li Siegfried > Thank you man! :D
  • KianBolton666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wonderful! She looks great! :)