Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: ddo and roughness maps ?

hey,
I just updated to the new version to try some things out... long time ago i used the quixel suite the last time... what i noticed is where is the roughness map for UE4 it is complitly missing in my version ???

Replies

• ²Digitalgames
    I also have problems with that. I have no calibration or export option and i don´t know why.

fetch.php?media=basecreator.jpg

fetch.php?media=export1.jpg

I guess without that we can´t create roughness maps ? I hope to get support on this , if not i bought "sometimeworking" application.:poly141:
  • ²Digitalgames
    Well i tried to roll back to older version, as you would do normaly to test if that would fix it. Quess what, the updater downloads, the installer asks for the main directory for the install and even if you set ip the install folder to your current Quixel version the installer tells you " you have to patch it in your current installation path or else you loose materials " and just ABORTS EVERYTHING. So fine , i wanted to finish my task today, seems like its not going to happen. Now waiting until teddy comes around.:poly141:
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Guys!

Roughness is automatically created during export with some profiles (UE4 for instance)
    DDO takes the gloss map, inverts it and converts it to GGX!

Hope this helps, let me know otherwise!
  • David1983
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry i don't get it, so when opening the export folder... which texture is now the roughness map?
  • BagelHero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BagelHero interpolator
    You just export with the UE4 profile and it will be created on export- fyi the gloss map is your roughness map, just inverted.
  • David1983
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok got it but why there is no longer a simple roughness map ?
    Why i have to invert the gloss map ? instead of having a reday to use roughness map ? makes absolutly no sense for me...
  • ²Digitalgames
    Rolling back to Version 1.2 gave me the export and calibration settings. @David1983 It then created the roughness map if you use the UE4 export calibration.

You don´t need to do it manually. It looks nearly the same as in the 3DO Viewer.

It created me this show.php?id=81249

@ DDO support

The Unreal Engine 4 Plugin (cross app mode) seems not to work. Can it be, that the Problems is there because i don´t use C: \ because of less memory on my SSD ? Is there a guide and troubleshooting for this coming soon?

Thanks in Advance
  • David1983
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    however i'm not uisng the plugin... the glossy map didn't work for me... roughness is not avaiable...
    In my opinion this is a bad joke that i have to ivert any kind of maps instead of getting a simple reday to use roughness mapp...

Long thread.... all i want to know is where is the ready to use roughness map?
  • Gordon Robb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gordon Robb polycounter lvl 2
    My understanding of this is that 3DO uses glossy, so while you're creating your material the suite uses Glossy. When you export using the correct profile, your glossy is automatically saved as a roughness map (ie inverted)
  • ²Digitalgames
    Look... i had a lot of trouble with DDO an jeah it seems to make some problems here and there. But you just should try what we said. There is no roughness map within the suit but the glossy map gets converted on the end.
    There is no difference or workaround or something, just export, grab it, use it.

show.php?id=81314

I hope this works for you. It seems that there is no other checkbox like solution where you can decide which map should be exported like in the legacy version. Perhaps this is what you meant.