Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

HK416 A5

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
CoD67 polycounter lvl 10
Hi y'all , I just finished this piece . Just testing new zbrush dynamesh workflow :D
Au8nJ6Q.png

6eIECQp.png

eP0MtYS.png

hM8NgHM.png

r2OwgT4.png

twAZYNx.png

o5hVSc0.png

ts1lunt.png

Replies

• Gazu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gazu polycounter lvl 12
    I like it but i think the proportions are not right.
    Look at the Handgrip, i think he is to thin?
  • woot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    woot polycounter lvl 5
    the handguard looks wrong, i think its down to the RIS rails. you have the whole hexagonal section extruded by itself where they should be joined like this;
    e05a8fffa9.png

its a little too thin looking as well overall, but im not sure if thats true to life or not.

materials look good though :D
  • CoD67
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CoD67 polycounter lvl 10
    Gazu wrote: »
    I like it but i think the proportions are not right.
    Look at the Handgrip, i think he is to thin?
    The handgrip is as the same width as the lower receiver , if it's is too thin maybe the whole gun is too thin ? During modeling , I try to make the width a bit larger but it seems a little weird to me , so I stick to the thin look :P
    woot wrote: »
    the handguard looks wrong, i think its down to the RIS rails. you have the whole hexagonal section extruded by itself where they should be joined like this;
    e05a8fffa9.png

its a little too thin looking as well overall, but im not sure if thats true to life or not.

materials look good though :D
    Thanks for pointing that out , but too bad I'm calling this piece done :( , maybe I can use your recommendation in future project :)
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    not bad but the scale / proportions like everyone said really takes away from it as it is way to thin