Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: dDo is mega unstable :(

I really really want to like this software, but DDo is so unstable it's killing me.

1.6 Won't let me open and re-save old projects, 1.8 doesn't set my layer mask when I pick a Material ID colour, and occasionally just crashes for the hell of it. I managed to crash both my video driver and the explorer.exe process completely earlier today with 1.6. It's barmy.

I'm on a very capable system and I'm using a legit paid-for version (by studio, not me luckily). I'd honestly like to see some overall improvements to general stability next build instead of overloading with features.

Between this and Substance, PBR is getting easier to paint directly but both have big stepping stones in their way. But yes... stability improvements pls.

Also in terms of Materials for future releases, I'd like to see some nice spacecraft materials... just throwing that out there.

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi TheJamsh!

Sad to hear your experiences haven´t been great so far.
    There is a bug with the mask color id, that requires you to open the mask agan and just click done, then the mask should apply. this is of course a bug that will be gone soon!

Could you describe the crashes your are experiencing so maybe i can help you avoid them!

Stability improvements are always part of every build and we are always very grateful for people reporting their problems so we can Improve the software.

New smart materials are added constantly and maybe I can arrange some spacecraft ones for the next release :)
  • TheJamsh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Eric, thanks for the response.

This is just one of the crashes I'm having, I tried to open my 1.6 project again in 1.8 to make use of the mask painting feature. I right-clicked on a mask (not even sure why, just did) and I got this instant-crash. This is the one I seem to see a lot of in 1.8.

Untitled-1_zps7ea20aa3.jpg
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    it might be due to the masking working so differently between those two versions, if you create a new project in 1.8, what causes the crashes then?
  • TheJamsh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In fact, I just tried again and I can reproduce this crash reliably every time, all I have to do is right-click on one of my masks.

EDIT: Sorry you responded too quickly ;) I'll try a new project in 1.8

Edit Edit: New project let's me right-click on masks, if I do find anything else I can reproduce I'm happy to post it wherever. Is this the best place to post crashes and the like?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is the place! Not only for reporting bugs but its pretty much where all the cool people hang out!
  • ken0y
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ken0y polycounter lvl 7
    This is very similar to the issue I have been experiencing Jam, it looks like the same error window too :(

K