Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: I cannot use NDO/DDO due to error pop-ups

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
chrilley polycounter lvl 10
(This is more or less a copy-paste from the mail I sent to your support, though with some edits/additional info. I figured it'd be a good idea to dig for help here too!)

Hi,

I recently purchased the Quixel Suite during your generous black friday sale.

However I cannot seem to get it to work properly after installing and launching the program. I get errors pop-ups whenever I try to use DDO or NDO. It's happening consistently and not randomly. The error messages appears to be exactly the same down to the hex number.

Here is what I'm doing:

1) I begin by launching Quixel Suite which works fine. Photoshop CS6 loads, and so does the Suite toolbar.

2) Via the Suite toolbar i launch NDO, works fine thus far. It shows up.

3) I leave settings as default and press "Create new project", NDO starts doing its thing but stops shortly after with an error and this is what I'm looking at.

4) I press OK and Suite restarts itself and then immediately gives me this error. I press OK and I am now shown the "Load the Photoshop.exe of your choice" window.

5) I choose my Photoshop CS6 .exe and now I get a pop-up, "Photoshop needs to be restarted for changes to take effect. Automatically restart?" I pick "Yes". I am now given the same error as in step 3)

Things that I have tried from your troubleshooting guide:
- Rebooting computer.
- Resetting Photoshop preferences
- Re-installing the Quixel Suite via the Update Launcher
- Giving Admin Rights to DDO, NDO, 3DO and Suite .exe files in the "/x64/bin/release" folder
- Disabling AVG Anti-Virus
- Using Photoshop 2014 CC Trial
- Different install paths and drives
- Rollbacks to earlier versions (every version down to 1.4)

None of them has worked. I also saw there was a note for non-English Photoshop versions and that they have to be set to English to work properly. Mine is already set to English however.

My computer specs are:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Intel(R)Core(TM) i5.2500 CPU @ 3.30GHZ
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Chrilley!

Wow you have certainly done your homework! And to be completely honest the thing I would suspect to cause this you´ve already tried. But regarding PS versions, is it set to be in english in the interface, or is it installed as an english version from the start?

Also, is the suite installed on a SSD drive? We´ve been getting some reports that this has caused problems for some people.

Sorry for your troubles, I hope we can get this sorted!
  • chrilley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Eric, thanks for dropping by!

Both of the Photoshop versions that I'm using(CS6 and CC 2014 Trial) are set to English by default(and I haven't tampered with those settings).

Quixel Suite is installed on a regular HDD drive. There is a SSD drive that I use for my OS however. If it matters, Photoshop CS6 is located in the SSD while Photoshop CC 2014 is installed on the HDD.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quite honestly I´m a bit stomped. I´m gonna have to get back up for this from someone smarter than me. I´m so very sorry that i don´t have an answer right now, I will try to find out what is wrong, If you would let me know if anything changes I would be very grateful!
  • JackL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is it this error shown in my attached image? Because then I got the same problem as you :/
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JackL have you tried the things that chrilley listed? They usually solve these kinds of problems.
  • JackL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JackL have you tried the things that chrilley listed? They usually solve these kinds of problems.

Giving Admin Rights did the trick. Thanks
  • chrilley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @JackL: When comparing the errors it seems the only similarity is the top line. The rest appears to be different. So luckily for you it's not the exact same issue that I have. I'm glad the fix worked for you though :)

@Eric Ramberg: Is it possible to have one of your programmers to take a quick look at it? I can't figure much out of the error messages myself but they might be able to find some clues in there.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chrilley - They have already done that and are as dumbfounded as me pretty much, we will do a new try today though, we´re currently on different continents so that why its taking some time, apologies for slow respons time. As a last resort we might do remote troubleshooting!

Let me get back to you when i know more, that you for being so patient!

JackL - Glad to hear it!
  • chrilley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That sounds good Eric. If there are more details needed just let me know!

In the meantime I am carrying out my Plan B:

quixel.png
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh noooo, that is so awesome and now i feel even more bad for not being able to help :/
    Teddy has looked through this thread and he could not for the life of him figure out what is wrong.

I know its A LOT to ask, but have you tried removing everything, the suite and all versions of PS.
    And done a clean install of PS CC and the suite?

You said that C: Is a SSD drive?
    Have you had both PS and the suite installed on D: ?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Chrilley!

Some people have had some success with the "Revo uninstaller", and a clean install of the suite after that. Maybe this could work for you as a temporary fix! Ofc we want to find the cause of the crash as well!