Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Advice for My Animation

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
MissBiankadonk polycounter lvl 2
Hey everyone! I've been working on this short animation for the last two days and would like some fresh eyes to look at it before I continued tweaking it.

The main idea is that the action animation flow in and out in the idle pose. Let me know if there is anything that can be tweak or improved.

[vv]112336416[/vv]

Replies

• weiswayne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    weiswayne polycounter lvl 10
    the pose as of now are quite muddy and unclear especially the 2nd pose, which i can only assume he was casting some sort of magic?
    the way to make them look more interesting is to push the pose to more extreme and pose them asymmetrically.
    another is that as of now the timing of your animation is very evenly spaced, making it lacks energy to the movement. for example, in the third attack animation, I suggest you hold the timing when he raised up his arm for a few frame then strikes down with a snappier animation.
  • MissBiankadonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MissBiankadonk polycounter lvl 2
    I will gladly take you suggestions and apply it, especially for the poses. You are also right about the timing. This is the first time animating in 30 frames rather than 24 frames a second, for portfolio reasons.

Thank you for taking the time. Much appreciated.
  • Dan Powell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan Powell polycounter lvl 5
    Good progress. :) My criticism is that the model's head seems quite rigid on the neck. When he does his magic/spell towards the end I'd imagine he would look down as he charges his magic, then look towards where he's aiming as he's about to fire it perhaps?