polygon
Offline / Send Message
Atokal polygon
Howdy everybody,

I am working on a new project, Its going to be a tank and I am calling it

Latest WIP

7H0ci5n.jpg
Schwarzenegger's Left Bicep

So its been a while since I uploaded a project to polycount, I was hired and have been hired (yeay!) and I just began working and I am very excited about this project.

The concept for this project is as follows. I decided to follow the silhouette of the reference but I decided to choose a more appealing style and something I am more comfortable with.

6SJCVY1.jpg

This is my Current blockout.

59NHhkj.png

And this is my current stage of the modeling process.

y4nLu51.png
QGDlNVr.png
PJ8r6kM.png
5sRKN6c.png

Replies

• Atokal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Atokal polygon
    Howdy Howdy Howdy,

So i've been busy but I have been working on this thing. I won't let it just fade out and die, just life and videogames are getting in the way of work, but its super fun to keep on doing this.

6RgkHz2.jpg

Here are the finished treds
    Mp8HAX0.png
    ZvMGme0.jpg

I am having some difficulty trying to figure out how I should make the front part of the tank appealing. I think it needs some love and time put into it and im on the track.

ezD3Dji.jpg

Here is the front view of a possible route I would take for the body of the tank, still not sure though.
    O8duKXW.png
  • Atokal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Atokal polygon
    Howdy Howdy

It has been a while since my last post but I have been working more on the tank slowly but surly it will get done. I promise.

Here is my latest WIP
    7H0ci5n.jpg

Showing off some detail on the intersection
    vnUo6hQ.jpg

Side view, still trying to figure out what I am going to do.
    FABc10d.jpg

Some Turret Designs, a little to Sci Fi but I think it looks cool, not going to add it in or anything stupid like that.

voRPHr0.jpg
  • Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    Great job on the detailing so far!

Perhaps some of those edges might be a little bit too sharp? Specifically on the main body of the tank (the larger, chunkier parts) could use a lil bit of chamfering.

I'm digging how your interpretation of the concept has a bit more of an Abrams feel to it, gives it a nice grounding in reality.

Keep it up! I'll be interested in seeing how this project turns out :D
  • Atokal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Atokal polygon
    I have sad but good news!

I have entered the Throne Room contest with my friend TylerHoward, which means this project will be put on hold until after the contest is finished, I hope to see you guys there!
  • Mask_Salesman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mask_Salesman polycounter lvl 13
    Nice, I like where your going with it away from the concept :)
  • Mr Smo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mr Smo polycounter lvl 18
  • Atokal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Atokal polygon
    Howdy Howdy,

Working more on this project again after taking a very long break.
    I have the free time now to go in and make this project as awesome as it should be.

I am going to finish up modeling the base of the tank and get that in unreal 4 and see how it looks, not going to worry to much about the detailing on the rest of it until I finish working on the larger scale geometry and make sure its correct proportionally and looks functional.

Thanks for your feedback and I am looking forward to getting this guy looking awesome.

0u5JFSu.jpg
  • Atokal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Atokal polygon
    Howdy Howdy,

I kinda just did everything. Looking to build out a set for this and show it off differently.

I want to spend more time texturing this guy. but Feel free to let me know what you think.

9K9xIy1.jpg
    7mBDhvY.jpg
    E9o64NI.jpg
    wr8Ewgp.jpg
  • Karellen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Karellen polycounter lvl 2
    this looks amazing! i love how you integrated parts of real life tanks into the designs, like those chains from the merkava. Maybe a bit more of rust and dirt on the texture would be nice? and desert camo? anyway awesome job!