Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mr. Easy - portrait of saudade

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
rodpv polycounter lvl 10
Hi guys,
between my full-time job and studies this took me a lot of time, I'm glad it's finally finished.

My main focus with this was a particular contrasting emotion.
I hope it gets to you!

My best
1final_BG.jpg

2side_BG.jpg

part1.jpg
lbsold4vd
part2.jpg
4y43ogzc9

Replies

• pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    nice man! i wish i could see the the other ones, but i am really getting the sense of emotion. I almost wish i could feel whatever he's feeling. Its a little cropped off so i cant see the top or the bottom, but from what i can see i'm into it.
  • Cheeky_Pickle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cheeky_Pickle polycounter lvl 9
    This looks amazing, the texturing is fantastic! One thing I'd say I noticed was the lip area, perhaps some different colour to outline the lips?
  • rodpv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rodpv polycounter lvl 10
    thank you guys.

i spent really a lot of time into the hand-texturing in zbrush.

With regard to the lip area, at the beginning he should have been bearded and that's why I put less detail in the chin area, but I then decided to leave it like that to focus more on the overall expression.
  • rodpv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rodpv polycounter lvl 10
    This is another piece I'm currently working on. The purpose with this sculpt was to do everything in asymmetry, to develop a real gestural piece and to make it feel like clay. All in dynamesh.

This is still a work in progress, still have to work on primary forms and proportions. But this is a temporary render to share the status

rodolfo-fanti-wip1-samsara.jpg?1416962363