Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

bellydancer character critique please

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
SeveredScion polycounter lvl 12
Hi everyone. I'm making an Egyptian bellydancer character for my portfolio. I'm just at the beginning here fleshing out the basic body sculpt in Zbrush. It's very WIP--obviously thigh through feet lack detail. Just looking for general proportion/anatomy/landmarks critiques at this stage. I'm going for realistic proportions here. Pretty sure there are some areas that need work but I've been staring at it too long to have an unbiased eye.

body_WIP1.jpg

I am aware there are a few areas with pinching/lumps--breasts, shoulder blades, butt. There are some 3- and 5-pointed stars here. Eventually I'll retopo--tried Zremesher but couldn't quite get the topo right. Don't want to hassle with export/topogun/re-import at this early stage.

Using some 3d.sk photos for basic proportion ref. I am basing the character very generally on this model but not following exactly. Obviously I re-positioned the arms. Also I pushed the stance a bit, with hips farther forward.

Any feedback greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone.

Sona_front_side_back_small.jpg

Replies

• SeveredScion
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SeveredScion polycounter lvl 12
    Finally got back to this! Just some small edits, mostly hips and lower back, biggest thing is I (hopefully) fixed placement of the anterior superior iliac spine (hipbone), which was way too low before. Not really going by the above photo ref anymore, that was for basic proportion blockout; currently using a bunch of different ref. And yes I know the feet suck, I just extruded out toes, didn't really sculpt/shape them. I know I've still got a long way to go overall. C&C welcome.
    basemeshFemWIP01.jpg