Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Dr Mundo and Mr Hyde

Hey guys long time lurker this is my first thread and contest on polycount im gonna have a go at Dr mundo I thought id do a Dr jekyll and mr Hyde spin not to sure how well its going to read from game view i might abandon this idea and go in a different direction i would love to hear any thoughts or crits this is as far as i got with the concept and block out cheers.

mundo1_zps5ce02273.jpg

mundowip_zps665bb00d.jpg

Replies

• Enexus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Enexus polycounter lvl 11
    Awesome idea and great start, proportions look amazing apart from the feet which look a little smaller than the concept. Cant wait to see more.
  • Stuey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Enexus cheers man your right about his feet.

I think I might change up my idea and do a road warrior mundo I might play with both and see which one I like more but i think ill go with the road warrior idea.

heres a quick concept

roadwarriormundo_zps1aa535f0.jpg
  • FruitsPunchSamurai
    Love both ideas :D i can't wait to see more pictures of your work, it's time for Mundo to have a new skin and this two are amazing ideas :D

by the way i'm new in polycount too and i will participate too on the contest, can u tell me how do you post your pictures so that they can be showed big? like u have yours posted here? it will be great help if u tell me :') because i'm a bit lost. thanks and good luck with your job! it's amazing
  • 3sm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3sm
    Hey, nice to see more mundos in the competition! Yeah i too like both concepts, i would just run with the one that will be more fun for you to make. Like Enexus already said for the feet size, i would make them bigger - such small feet might look strange (balance wise) in top down/zoom out view. Good luck.

@FruitsPunchSamurai: do it like this image link here
  • Stuey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @FruitsPunchSamurai Thanks man i agree:) what 3sm said.

@3sm thanks man digging your mundo hes looking great! right on about the feet i scaled them up so hopefully should be better might scale em up a tad more looking at em.

So im gonna stick with the road warrior themed mundo almost finished with the block out still trying to figure out what i am going to put on his back was thinking maybe a car bonnet with like a graphic painted on it? what do you guys think? I dono ill have to do some concepts considering it will be the main area the player will see most of the time. Also does anyone know how to change the thread name since im going with the road warrior now? cheers.

RoadWarriormundo_zpsf3e3b277.jpg

1_zps29591a50.jpg
  • Stuey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is an update of the progress on sculpting

mundowip1_zps222be589.jpg