Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Circus Syndra

I will make a Syndra in circus style throwing Poros at her enemies. :)

watch out for updates :D

Latest: WIP Low Poly Setup Dompteur Syndra :)
[SKETCHFAB]1d9064c9b3e4446fa0273ce43c592bb0#share[/SKETCHFAB]

Replies

• DiegoTeran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DiegoTeran polycounter lvl 11
  • Flaxor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heheh awesome, I am doing a circus themed champ too! Maybe they could work together in the future! hehe
  • Sundaynights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First of all, I just bought recently ZBrush, so I am not a seasoned scultptor. I am still struggling with managing the program (finding the right settings and brushes) and achieving what i want.

I decided to start on the Poros. Each of them will have a special look but coming from one "base". I also thought, that it would be good to model the parts on their own and then combine everything, so I used dynamesh for them, starting with a simple sphere. Here are the horn and the poros main body and finally both combined, I am still missing the legs, eyes and special clothing to make them different. I want to give each of them a "personallity" so I still can't decide what complexity the eyes should have.

I will challenge next a female body with Syndras proportions, I will use ZSphere for that as a start. From there I will take the shape to form clothing around her.
    And I will also look for an early color palett.
  • Sundaynights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Feeling very slow when reading and looking at the other threads. But since I am new to Zbrush and quite limited in time (we even have crunches...) I do the best I can.

I was curious how I would get the low poly version using zbrush or maya, so I tried the retopology via zsphere technic - it was quite tedious to do but the result is ok, since zbrush refused to reconstuct subdivs. I still know that I can adjust and tweek a lot in Maya :)

I created a base-mesh (very basic) to put on some clothes, I also tried the jacket but it is too tidious with "so much" geometry to get the right shape, so I will turn for this to maya (much faster).
    On top of the hat their should also sit a Poro showing his tongue :)

Besides that I will go with her more in the domteur direction, she will have a whip, a wistle, small rings, a poro-snack-bag with small wings on it (the red bull for poros so to say) and three different colored fabrics attached to her.
    -> all of them have a purpose
    her Q: a sidely bullet proofed poro will smash on the earth
    her W: with her whip she will catch a minion and smash it on her enemy
    her E: the three colored fabrics will smash forward
    her R: she wistles and all poros will avalanche on the enemy

the rings and snacks are for some cute idles :)

hope I can show you soon all of my ideas, feedback is wellcome of course.
  • Sundaynights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The weekend was quite productive:

a new jacket style, still lowpoly - I wentZ to Maya and modeled it
    a first iteration of her face- also done in maya
    I also gave her some clothing for her upper body, but I think this one wont make it into the final design, as I decided to go more into a dompteur direction the pants and the top doesn't make sense anymore, it should be leather-clothing. I am still looking for a design i want to go for.
    A Poro snackbag she can wear on her belt.

I have problems placing all the things I made into one Zbrush szene (the move and rotate tool are so strange...) When I overcome this issue it might get easier to give you guys a better view of what I have in mind.

Comments are welcome.
  • Sundaynights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seeing so many people starting with a quick scetch of what they have in mind, i thought i should also try.

I took Syndras Atlantean Skin and painted boldly over it, very basic, but I think you get now the idea. I guess the porosnackbox will get bigger to be visible ingame, but overall thats what I have in mind right now.

I also worked more on the edgeflow of the face. There are still no ears as I am not sure what haircut I will get her, I kind of want to show a similarity between her and the Poros, so giving her white shorter hair might be an option, yet syndra has on her skins always long hair. I guess the decision will come when modelling it :)

comments and feedback are still very welcome.
  • Sundaynights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Could spent one hour for some blockouts. Now that I have a more clear vision I decided to first make a lowpoly mesh that i than will paint and add detail in ZBrush.
    DmitryGrebenkov inspired me by how he did his caitlyn. :)

And I guess I will update until I get feedback :poly142:
  • Sundaynights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update for this weekend. Working on the low poly stuff.
    Total is 8308 triangles for now. Hands and Hair are still missing and feets/boots did not get any love so far. Poros are still only in HiPoly available, so these things will be next :)

any feedback welcome.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • silvermind
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, I like the design of her costume. And the jacket fits really nicely into this "ringmaster" of a circus style. I agree a little with the hat. I imagined something like a tophat, but it would be great to have something diffrent which slightly breaks the clich
  • Sundaynights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey TeriyakiStyle and silvermind, thanks for the feedback! :)
    true, the hat with all its curvy style does not fit too well I guess. I will do more a hat like the lady wears here:
    zirkus-paar-direktoren-als-dompteur-und-dompteurin-frack-mit-zylinder-show-gala-paar_1.jpg

A poro will still fit on that one.
    When all parts are done I will look out for something that breaks the clich
  • Sundaynights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RetoPoro! :)

[SKETCHFAB]17701bd4da97419189eda1da1d73017e#share[/SKETCHFAB]

The RetoPoro does not completely match with the high poly Version. I could transfer some detail from the high to the low, but since I am not completely happy with the high version I will again sculpt and then paint on the new RetoPoro-Version. :)

Next is the last missing things for the low poly Syndra (whip, stripes, hat, wistle, boots, hairs and hands).
  • Sundaynights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WIP Low Poly Setup Dompteur Syndra :)
    [SKETCHFAB]1d9064c9b3e4446fa0273ce43c592bb0#share[/SKETCHFAB]

My Hand hurts now, this was all done today in Maya. I am quite happy that I am already that far and I still have tomorrow to work on her :)

Hair is still missing, I think for this I will turn to ZBrush again to explore some stuff, when this is done, I will do a UV-Layout and then Paint her and do some detail to get a nice AO Map. As I did that never before I might to have experiment a lot. :)

Total Trianglecount is 10518.

Critic and comments very welcome :poly122:
  • kmactastic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kmactastic polycounter lvl 8
    I would take the innermost ring on top her hat out and add those polys to her fingers so they are rounded. They look boxy right now. I look forward to you texturing her (:
  • Sundaynights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey kmactastic, thanks for the feedback :)
    generelly I want to have more topology (and more texture space) on her upper body than on the lower, because of the Cameraperspective. Ingame most hands are so tiny that you can barely tell if they are boxy or not, exspecally with the black outline they would get ingame, but since I still have polys free - considering max polycount on LOL-Charracters is about 13k - I might make her nicer fingers :)

I did not start texturing her today, One day in a week you need to relax, do some exercises and let work rest, I guess - so sadly no update today.